  • M M
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 31, 1998
      Hi, this is my first posting to the list and lurked for a while waiting
      for someone popping my question.

      How do I fix so NotePro would come on at the click on Internet Options |

      Any suggestion will be very appreciated and thanks in advance.

      Mike

    • Jody Adair
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 31, 1998
        Hi M M,

        >How do I fix so NotePro would come on at the click on Internet Options |

        On the menubar in noteTab under Help click on "Replace MS Notepad."

      • Steele,Patrick
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 31, 1998
          On Monday, August 31, 1998 7:36 AM, M M [SMTP:mm531@...] wrote:

          > Hi, this is my first posting to the list and lurked for a while waiting
          > for someone popping my question.
          >
          > How do I fix so NotePro would come on at the click on Internet Options |
          >
          > Any suggestion will be very appreciated and thanks in advance.

          I just noticed the same problem last week. Notetab works fine still,
          and it used to come up when I selected "View Source" from IE, but it
          seemed to stop working.

          To get it working again, I went to the Help menu and selected "Restore
          Notepad" and then exited out. I then went back into NoteTab and
          selected "Replace Notepad". It now works fine.

          ---
          Patrick Steele
          Email: patrick@...
          Senior Software Engineer
          Sage Software/State Of The Art

        • M M
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 31, 1998
            >>How do I fix so NotePro would come on at the click on
            >>InternetOptions | View Source? Nothing happened there.

            >On the menubar in noteTab under Help click on "Replace MSNotepad."

            I did few times and nothing happened. To tell you truth, it was EditPad
            instead of notepad before I bought NotePro. I expelled the wimpy
            notepad out long time ago.

            If you think View Source has something to do with registry, tell me the
            fix for I'm pretty good in fiddling with the registry and backups.

            Mike Moore

          • Jody Adair
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 31, 1998
              Hi M M,

              >>On the menubar in noteTab under Help click on "Replace MSNotepad."
              >
              >I did few times and nothing happened. To tell you truth, it was EditPad
              >instead of notepad before I bought NotePro. I expelled the wimpy
              >notepad out long time ago.

              Try making a shortcut in your NoteTab folder to EditPad, but
              name it Notepad.exe and rename or move Notepad.exe out of there.

            • M M
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 1, 1998
                Hi Jody,

                >Try making a shortcut in your NoteTab folder to EditPad, but
                >name it Notepad.exe and rename or move Notepad.exe out of there.

                Did those and it didn't help.

                To make it clear, I'll repeat my problem.

                The new NotePro has been replaced EditPad, which replaced notepad. In
                IE 4, whenever I click on Options | (View) Source, nothing happened.

                I checked in Explorer, View | Options | File Types for all notepad
                extensions. In Edit dialog for Open (for texts), I noticed quotation
                marks are used differently like these:

                "C:\WINDOWS\Notepad.exe" or C:\WINDOWS\Notepad.exe "%1"

                I tried to modify the first line by adding "%1" like the second line,
                it adamantly refused to accept the new change. I couldn't figure out
                why.

                Which line would be better....there are quite a few applications using
                notepad.exe which is actually a shortcut to NotePro.exe. The notepad
                was a shortcut to EditPad.exe.

                I'd like to get Source in the browser working. I'm not sure which line
                in File Type is for Source?

                Mike Moore

              • Sami Jarvinen
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 1, 1998
                  > I checked in Explorer, View | Options | File Types for all notepad
                  > extensions. In Edit dialog for Open (for texts), I noticed quotation
                  > marks are used differently like these:
                  > "C:\WINDOWS\Notepad.exe" or C:\WINDOWS\Notepad.exe "%1"

                  Quotes are necessary if the path of the executable contains spaces
                  (X:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\NotePro.exe). It's basicly the same thing
                  with the parameter(s) - if you have quotes around %1, whatever it
                  contains is going to be one parameter from the program's point of view.
                  If you don't use quotes and the parameter represented by %1 contains
                  spaces, the program will see it as two or more parameters, which of
                  course does not work if the parameter %1 is a file name with spaces in
                  it.

                  I hope that made some sense =)

                  I'd like to know how "View Source" works, too. Maybe IE executes notepad
                  directly...?

                • Dan Knight
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 2, 1998
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 3, 1998
                      Dan Knight, your suggestions worked well! Thank you! The notepad.exe
                      in windows directory has changed back to a short cut to NoteTap Pro in
                      Program Files. That helps reducing the excessive byte baggage.

                      To whoever wants to know how I solved the OPEN line without "%1"
                      problem, I just remove the whole file type after writing down settings
                      on paper. And, after creating a new file type with same settings, OPEN
                      line with "%1" is instantly accepted. <<cheering>>

                      Mike Moore