Re: [NTB] Re: Trouble with Quick List

  • Alec Burgess\(g\)
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 5, 2006
      Hi Corl:

      Can you confirm (or otherwise) that you now have a "workaround" that
      (albeit requiring running Explorer first to force "bad" folders into
      the file cache) "seems" to work once you get into Notetab (having done
      the preparatory work) functions "reasonably" quickly?

      If you could write up a brief reproducible problem statement (explaining
      what your setup is), what happens if you don't do the preparatory
      setup, what happens if you do (sample times both ways) I'll pass it on
      to the beta group. Feel free to include anything I said in past missives
      if it "passes the smell test" from your own experience.

      Note: if you could, please respond to the Next Release yahoo-group [NRN]
      rather than here - Jody (and probably 1,000's of other readers may be
      getting bored with this :( )

      Any other readers (especially the 'guru's) if you could have a look for
      reasonableness and comment I'd appreciate another set of eyes on this.
      Even better would be someone else who can reproduce from Corl's problem
      statement / bug report when he creates it. :)

      Unfortunately, my current system is non-Networked so I can't help with
      the reproducibility issue.

      Note: I suspect that the eventual answer may be something like
      constraints in "whatever" make it impossible to correct this in short
      (or long-term) but we shall see what we shall see!

      Regards ... Alec -- buralex(@gmail))