[NTB] Re: Trouble with Quick List

  • xtx222003
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 4, 2006
      Hi Alec,

      The last time I had troubles with Quick List, I used Windows Explorer
      to go to the desired folder. As soon as I got there the QL
      immediately populated itself. I made a shortcut to the folder on my
      desktop in case I ever need it as "panic button", but so far I
      haven't needed it, hopefully this will work in the future.

      I haven't been getting slow populating windows since I moved to XP,
      but it was the reason I moved from 98 one year ago.

      Logging out didn't do anything for the situation.

      I've been very cautious about tweaking my system.

      All I know about clip programming is wrapping text with the ^& . I'm
      not even close to being able to write a clip that would force open a
      Windows Explorer folder view, and too little time to learn how.

      Thanks,
      Corl
    • Alec Burgess\(g\)
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 5, 2006
        Hi Corl:

        Can you confirm (or otherwise) that you now have a "workaround" that
        (albeit requiring running Explorer first to force "bad" folders into
        the file cache) "seems" to work once you get into Notetab (having done
        the preparatory work) functions "reasonably" quickly?

        If you could write up a brief reproducible problem statement (explaining
        what your setup is), what happens if you don't do the preparatory
        setup, what happens if you do (sample times both ways) I'll pass it on
        to the beta group. Feel free to include anything I said in past missives
        if it "passes the smell test" from your own experience.

        Note: if you could, please respond to the Next Release yahoo-group [NRN]
        rather than here - Jody (and probably 1,000's of other readers may be
        getting bored with this :( )

        Any other readers (especially the 'guru's) if you could have a look for
        reasonableness and comment I'd appreciate another set of eyes on this.
        Even better would be someone else who can reproduce from Corl's problem
        statement / bug report when he creates it. :)

        Unfortunately, my current system is non-Networked so I can't help with
        the reproducibility issue.

        Note: I suspect that the eventual answer may be something like
        constraints in "whatever" make it impossible to correct this in short
        (or long-term) but we shall see what we shall see!

        Regards ... Alec -- buralex(@gmail))