Re: [NTB] Could someone look over my website

  • sisterscape
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 9, 2006
      First off, the code doesn't validate -
      http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fgpayne2.home.mindspring.com%2Findex.html

      Second, it contains many deprecated elements.

      Third, CSS is under-utilized.

      You didn't ask but . . . aesthetically, the look is very retro,
      mid-90s. The colors are a bit too vibrant for my taste and hurt my
      eyes.
      And sorry but I can't really say there is a design there at all.

      Can't comments on the pages you requested because all the links are
      bringing up a 500 Internal Server Error. I am even unable to access
      your style sheet.

      sisterscaoe

      --- gane423 <gane423@...> wrote:

      > at http://gpayne2.home.mindspring.com/index.html
      >
      > and see if anything serious is wrong with the Source coding,
      > Particularly for the "Family Pictures" and "Radio" pages and how what
      >
      > problems are found could be fixed?
      >
      > Using NoteTab Light 4.95 (Freeware version).

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • John Zeman
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 9, 2006
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, sisterscape <sisterscape@...> wrote:

        > First off, the code doesn't validate -

        http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fgpayne2.home.mindspring.com%2Findex.html

        > Second, it contains many deprecated elements.
        >
        > Third, CSS is under-utilized.

        To follow up on what sister said, here is the CSE HTML Professional 8
        (beta) analysis output of your page. Note you will need to turn your
        NoteTab word wrap off in order for the line numbers to match the
        Validator's line numbers.

        John

        Validator message export for
        "http://gpayne2.home.mindspring.com/index.html":
        Generated by CSE HTML Validator Professional v8.00 BETA 1C
        (http://www.htmlvalidator.com/)

        1. Message: (Accessibility->Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0)
        [73] WCAG 1.0 accessibility checking is disabled.

        2. Message: (Accessibility->Section 508 Accessibility Standards) [73]
        Section 508 accessibility checking is disabled.

        3. Message in line 4 at character 2: (Grouped->Search Engine) Tip - A
        good title is very important for search engine listings. Use many
        keywords and search terms in the title but make it readable. Don't
        just stuff keywords in the title. The title should also be something
        that a user will want to click on when it's listed on a search engine.
        A good title is also important when a visitor bookmarks a page.
        Example: <title>Download CSE HTML Validator - Powerful HTML and Link
        Checking Software for Windows</title>. AI Internet Solutions also
        recommends that the "title" tag be the first tag inside the "head"
        section.

        4. Message in line 4 at character 8: (Grouped->Search Engine) [8] This
        document's title contains only 3 words. It may be inadequate for
        search engine purposes. A good title is important to your search
        engine rankings and listings. AI Internet Solutions recommends a title
        that is 5-15 words in length and that contains a relevant and
        descriptive phrase. The title should also contain keywords and search
        terms while remaining readable.

        5. Warning in line 6 at character 91: For backward compatibility with
        HTML, use a space character before the '/' character.

        6. Warning in line 7 at character 52: For backward compatibility with
        HTML, use a space character before the '/' character.

        7. Warning in line 8 at character 160: For backward compatibility with
        HTML, use a space character before the '/' character.

        8. Error in line 11 at character 78: The hexadecimal color value for
        the "alink" attribute is missing the '#' character. Use alink="#ffcc00".

        9. Message in line 11 at character 7: (Grouped->Deprecated) [9] The
        "background", "bgcolor", "text", "link", "vlink", and "alink"
        attributes for the "body" element are deprecated in HTML 4.01 and
        XHTML in favor of using style sheets. Instead of the "alink"
        attribute, consider using the CSS pseudo-class ":active". Example:
        "a:active {color: ffcc00}". Instead of the "bgcolor" attribute,
        consider using the CSS property "background-color". Example:
        style="background-color: #00aaFF". Instead of the "link" attribute,
        consider using the CSS pseudo-class ":link". Example: "a:link {color:
        #000fff}". Instead of the "text" attribute, consider using the CSS
        property "color". Example: style="color: #ffffff". Instead of the
        "vlink" attribute, consider using the CSS pseudo-class ":visited".
        Example: "a:visited {color: #008800}".

        10. Warning in line 12 at character 33: Typefaces from more than one
        family were given. Typically, for a consistent look, the typefaces
        should all be from the same font family. Number of serif family
        typefaces: 1 ("Times New Roman"), sans-serif: 2 ("Helvetica",
        "Arial"), cursive: 0, fantasy: 0, monospace: 1 ("Courier New"). The
        following typeface was not recognized (check spelling): "Sans Serif".

        11. Error in line 12 at character 115: The "size" attribute has an
        invalid attribute value "+7". Try using one of the following values:
        an integer offset from -6 to +6 or an integer from 1 to 7.

        12. Message in line 12 at character 6: (Grouped->Deprecated) [9] The
        "align" attribute is deprecated in HTML 4.01 and XHTML in favor of
        using style sheets. Instead of align="center", consider using the CSS
        "text-align: center" instead.

        13. Message in line 12 at character 22: (Grouped->Deprecated) [9] The
        "font" element and all of its attributes are deprecated in HTML 4.01
        and XHTML in favor of using style sheets (use the "color", "font",
        "font-family", "font-size", and other CSS font properties instead).

        14. Message in line 12 at character 33: The following typeface may not
        be available on a significant number of browsers: "Sans Serif". Also,
        check the spelling of the typeface name.

        15. Message in line 14 at character 33: Typefaces from more than one
        family were given. Typically, for a consistent look, the typefaces
        should all be from the same font family. Number of serif family
        typefaces: 1 ("Times New Roman"), sans-serif: 2 ("Helvetica",
        "Arial"), cursive: 0, fantasy: 0, monospace: 1 ("Courier New").

        16. Warning in line 15 at character 44: For backward compatibility
        with HTML, use a space character before the '/' character.

        17. Warning in line 15 at character 49: For backward compatibility
        with HTML, use a space character before the '/' character.

        18. Error in line 16 at character 95: The attribute value "black" for
        the "color" attribute was not enclosed in single or double quotation
        marks when it must be. In HTML 4.01, attribute values containing
        characters other than A-Z, a-z, 0-9, hyphens, periods, underscores,
        and colons must be quoted. In XHTML/XML, all attribute values must be
        quoted. Quotes are recommended even if they are not required.

        19. Error in line 16 at character 112: The end tag for "font" (opened
        in line 16) should appear before the end tag for "a" (nesting error).

        20. Warning in line 18 at character 4: For backward compatibility with
        HTML, use a space character before the '/' character.

        21. Warning in line 20 at character 2: The HTML 4.01 specification
        states that it is a common error to include two or more adjacent
        hyphens in comments (between <!-- and -->). This error is also carried
        over to XHTML in the XML recommendation. You may want to consider
        removing these extra hyphens or placing spaces between them. However,
        in practice, it does not appear that this causes problems in browsers,
        so you may also want to consider disabling this message and ignoring
        this issue (but this is not recommended).

        22. Warning in line 23 at character 4: For backward compatibility with
        HTML, use a space character before the '/' character.

        23. Error in line 25 at character 135: Found an ampersand '&' but
        could not find a following semicolon for a properly formed character
        reference. If you want to actually display an ampersand, such as in
        "Recreation & Sports", then use the character entity reference "&"
        as in "Recreation & Sports" (see comment).

        24. Error in line 29 at character 109: Found an ampersand '&' but
        could not find a following semicolon for a properly formed character
        reference. If you want to actually display an ampersand, such as in
        "Recreation & Sports", then use the character entity reference "&"
        as in "Recreation & Sports" (see comment).

        25. Error in line 29 at character 133: Found an ampersand '&' but
        could not find a following semicolon for a properly formed character
        reference. If you want to actually display an ampersand, such as in
        "Recreation & Sports", then use the character entity reference "&"
        as in "Recreation & Sports" (see comment).

        26. Warning in line 29 at character 201: For backward compatibility
        with HTML, use a space character before the '/' character.

        27. Error in line 32 at character 213: Found an ampersand '&' but
        could not find a following semicolon for a properly formed character
        reference. If you want to actually display an ampersand, such as in
        "Recreation & Sports", then use the character entity reference "&"
        as in "Recreation & Sports" (see comment).

        28. Error in line 34 at character 123: The attribute value "gold" for
        the "color" attribute was not enclosed in single or double quotation
        marks when it must be. In HTML 4.01, attribute values containing
        characters other than A-Z, a-z, 0-9, hyphens, periods, underscores,
        and colons must be quoted. In XHTML/XML, all attribute values must be
        quoted. Quotes are recommended even if they are not required.

        29. Error in line 34 at character 202: The end tag for "font" (opened
        in line 34) should appear before the end tag for "h3" (nesting error).

        30. Warning in line 36 at character 4: For backward compatibility with
        HTML, use a space character before the '/' character.

        31. Warning in line 37 at character 4: For backward compatibility with
        HTML, use a space character before the '/' character.

        32. Error in line 39 at character 13: The attribute value "yellow" for
        the "color" attribute was not enclosed in single or double quotation
        marks when it must be. In HTML 4.01, attribute values containing
        characters other than A-Z, a-z, 0-9, hyphens, periods, underscores,
        and colons must be quoted. In XHTML/XML, all attribute values must be
        quoted. Quotes are recommended even if they are not required.

        33. Error in line 39 at character 215: The "font" tag must have an end
        tag (</font>) but the end tag was not found. In XHTML, all elements
        not declared as empty (like "b", "p", "span", etc.) must have an end
        tag. Elements declared as empty (like "br", "img", "input", etc.) can
        have an end tag or can use the empty element shorthand.

        34. Error in line 39 at character 226: The attribute value "black" for
        the "color" attribute was not enclosed in single or double quotation
        marks when it must be. In HTML 4.01, attribute values containing
        characters other than A-Z, a-z, 0-9, hyphens, periods, underscores,
        and colons must be quoted. In XHTML/XML, all attribute values must be
        quoted. Quotes are recommended even if they are not required.

        35. Error in line 39 at character 308: The attribute value "black" for
        the "color" attribute was not enclosed in single or double quotation
        marks when it must be. In HTML 4.01, attribute values containing
        characters other than A-Z, a-z, 0-9, hyphens, periods, underscores,
        and colons must be quoted. In XHTML/XML, all attribute values must be
        quoted. Quotes are recommended even if they are not required.

        36. Error in line 39 at character 376: The attribute value "white" for
        the "color" attribute was not enclosed in single or double quotation
        marks when it must be. In HTML 4.01, attribute values containing
        characters other than A-Z, a-z, 0-9, hyphens, periods, underscores,
        and colons must be quoted. In XHTML/XML, all attribute values must be
        quoted. Quotes are recommended even if they are not required.

        37. Warning in line 40 at character 4: For backward compatibility with
        HTML, use a space character before the '/' character.

        38. Warning in line 46 at character 4: For backward compatibility with
        HTML, use a space character before the '/' character.

        39. Error in line 48 at character 33: The attribute value "white" for
        the "color" attribute was not enclosed in single or double quotation
        marks when it must be. In HTML 4.01, attribute values containing
        characters other than A-Z, a-z, 0-9, hyphens, periods, underscores,
        and colons must be quoted. In XHTML/XML, all attribute values must be
        quoted. Quotes are recommended even if they are not required.

        40. Error in line 48 at character 60: The end tag for "font" (opened
        in line 48) should appear before the end tag for "div" (nesting error).

        41. Error in line 51 at character 2: The "td" element cannot be used
        here. It is not contained in an element that allows its use. This
        element may be contained in "tr".

        42. Warning in line 51 at character 791: For backward compatibility
        with HTML, use a space character before the '/' character.

        43. Warning in line 51 at character 796: For backward compatibility
        with HTML, use a space character before the '/' character.

        44. Error in line 62 at character 13: The attribute value "white" for
        the "color" attribute was not enclosed in single or double quotation
        marks when it must be. In HTML 4.01, attribute values containing
        characters other than A-Z, a-z, 0-9, hyphens, periods, underscores,
        and colons must be quoted. In XHTML/XML, all attribute values must be
        quoted. Quotes are recommended even if they are not required.

        45. Message in line 63 at character 180: (Grouped->Good Style) [7] The
        "height" and "width" attributes should be used with the "img" element.
        Using these attributes generally result in faster and smoother (less
        jumpy) rendering. Using them is also considered to be good style.

        46. Error in line 67 at character 2: The end tag for "h4" (opened in
        line 49) should appear before the end tag for "body" (nesting error).

        47. Error in line 68: Terminating validation due to too many errors.
        Please correct the previous errors and recheck the document. HTML
        Validator is currently set to stop after 20 errors.

        48. Comment: CSE HTML Validator Professional 8.00 BETA 1C expires on
        December 31, 2006, 112.36 days from now. Note that BETA versions
        always expire, even if registered.

        49. Comment: (Accessibility->Accessibility Tips) This program can help
        you make your web pages more accessible. An accessible page is one
        that more individuals can use, such as individuals who are blind or
        deaf. It can also increase the usefulness of your web page for
        individuals who browse the web using slower devices like older
        computers or wireless devices like cell phones and PDAs. An accessible
        web site makes good business sense (and possibly good legal sense as
        well). You can enable or disable accessibility checking in the
        Validator Engine Options.

        50. Comment: (Grouped->Search Engine) If you're concerned about top
        search engine rankings, visit http://www.htmlvalidator.com/seo.html

        51. Comment: You can disable all the error messages for improperly
        quoted attribute values by having HTML Validator ignore and disregard
        the quotation mark requirements for attribute values. This option is
        in CSE HTML Validator's Validator Engine Options. However, it is
        recommended that you leave these error messages enabled and that you
        properly enclose attribute values in quotation marks.

        52. Comment: You can use the Quick Quote Tool in the editor to quickly
        enclose all attribute values in quotation marks.

        53. Comment: You can ignore the nesting errors by turning off the
        option to check HTML tag nesting. However, it is recommended that you
        leave this feature enabled. This option is in CSE HTML Validator's
        Validator Engine Options.

        54. Comment: The ampersand '&' is an escape character in HTML. If you
        want to actually use the ampersand in your HTML document, then the
        character entity reference '&' should be used instead of the
        actual ampersand character.

        55. Comment: Possibly misspelled words (2, 2 unique): WebCams (1x),
        YOSEMITE (1x). Complete list.

        56. Comment: You can change the maximum number of error messages to
        display before the validation is terminated. This option is in CSE
        HTML Validator's Validator Engine Options.

        57. Comment: XHTML 1.0 Transitional document detected.

        58. Comment: [24] The XHTML recommendation strongly encourages that an
        XML declaration be used as the first line (line 1) of every XHTML
        document. For example, for XHTML and WML documents, something similar
        to <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> or simply <?xml
        version="1.0"?> should be the first line. If you are using HTML
        Validator's integrated editor, then you can add this from the Tags
        menu and/or from the Tag Inserter. However, in practice, correctly
        using an XML declaration may cause problems, such as triggering
        Internet Explorer 6's "quirks" mode (which causes non-standards
        compliant rendering). Because of this, you may not want to use an XML
        declaration. If you don't, then specify the character encoding in the
        "head" section with a meta tag such as <meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
        content="text/html; charset=us-ascii" />

        59. Comment: (Grouped->Search Engine) [113] Random Search Engine Tip
        #16 - Don't use "&id=" as a parameter in URLs as some search engines
        like Google won't include these URLs in their listings.

        60. Comment: (Grouped->Search Engine) [8] <meta name="description"
        content="(actual description)" /> should be used in the "head" section
        to provide a brief description of what is contained on this page. This
        information is used by many search engines when indexing a site. If
        you are using HTML Validator's integrated editor, then you can add
        this from the Tags menu and/or from the Tag Inserter.

        61. Comment: An ICRA RDF label was not found in the "head" section of
        this document. Browsers that are enabled with this rating system may
        not display documents that have not been labelled. It is recommended
        that every page include an ICRA label. For more information, please
        visit http://www.icra.org/.

        62. Comment: [10] CSE HTML Validator Std/Pro allows you to disable
        certain messages (like this example message) and groups of related
        messages by disabling flags. For instance, the [10] at the beginning
        of this message indicates that you can disable this message by
        disabling validator flag 10. If you are using HTML Validator's
        integrated editor, then you can simply use your mouse on this message
        to open the context menu (usually done by right-clicking the mouse on
        this message) and select 'Disable Flag 10' to disable this message.
        For more information about disabling messages, please look at the
        Configuration section in the documentation.

        63. Comment: CSE HTML Validator Std/Pro allows you to disable many
        messages on an individual basis without using flags. For instance, you
        can disable this message by using HTML Validator's integrated editor
        to open the context menu for this message (usually done by
        right-clicking the mouse on this message) and selecting 'Options for
        this Message->Disable Message' to disable this message. For more
        information about disabling messages, please look at the Configuration
        section in the documentation.

        64. Comment: 6658 bytes; 4.6s@14.4Kbps, 2.3s@28.8, 1.3s@50, 1.0s@64,
        0.5s@128, 0.2s@384, 0.1s@512, 0.1s@768, 0.0s@1.5Mbps, 0.0s@10Mbps.

        65. Comment: 0.06s, 21 errors, 16 warnings, 10 messages, 18 validator
        comments, 68 lines, 62 tags (43 closed), 6 document comments, 220
        entities, 193 programs run.
      • Patricia Tidmarsh
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 9, 2006
          Could you supply a couple of URLs for up-to-date designs with CSS.
          Thanks

          On Sat, 9 Sep 2006, sisterscape wrote:

          > First off, the code doesn't validate -
          > http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fgpayne2.home.mindspring.com%2Findex.html
          >
          > Second, it contains many deprecated elements.
          >
          > Third, CSS is under-utilized.
          >
          > You didn't ask but . . . aesthetically, the look is very retro,
          > mid-90s. The colors are a bit too vibrant for my taste and hurt my
          > eyes.
          > And sorry but I can't really say there is a design there at all.
          >
          > Can't comments on the pages you requested because all the links are
          > bringing up a 500 Internal Server Error. I am even unable to access
          > your style sheet.
          >
          > sisterscaoe
          >
          > --- gane423 <gane423@...> wrote:
          >
          >> at http://gpayne2.home.mindspring.com/index.html
          >>
          >> and see if anything serious is wrong with the Source coding,
          >> Particularly for the "Family Pictures" and "Radio" pages and how what
          >>
          >> problems are found could be fixed?
          >>
          >> Using NoteTab Light 4.95 (Freeware version).

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Margaret Peloquin
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 9, 2006
            Most commercial and university sites now use CSS so examples are all over the
            place. One of my favorite places to see the power of CSS is
            http://www.csszengarden.com/
            There you can see the same page information rendered to look different with a
            variety of style sheets (CSS).

            If you want to learn more about CSS, here are some places to start:
            http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp
            http://www.westciv.com/style_master/academy/hands_on_tutorial/index.html

            --
            === Margaret Peloquin, Head Librarian Eastview ===
            === Austin Community College, Austin, Texas ===
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 9, 2006
              Another good site for some basic templates to get you started is:

              http://www.code-sucks.com/css%20layouts/index.php

              Lee

              On 9/9/2006 07:23 PM, Patricia Tidmarsh wrote:

              >Could you supply a couple of URLs for up-to-date designs with CSS.
              >Thanks

            • sisterscape
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 9, 2006
                You can judge for yourself how "up-to-date" they are but all my sites
                are 99.9% tableless, with CSS separated from HTML markup. You can
                browse from this page - http://www.eartherdesigns.com/portfolio.html
                Take a look at the style sheets too.

                Keep in mind that I'm not designing much anymore so don't know quite
                what they're doing in current browser versions. I did see a problem
                with IE 7 on one of them that I'm hoping M$ will fix before the final
                release.

                sisterscape

                --- Patricia Tidmarsh <patricia@...> wrote:

                > Could you supply a couple of URLs for up-to-date designs with CSS.
                > Thanks
                >

                > On Sat, 9 Sep 2006, sisterscape wrote:
                >
                > > First off, the code doesn't validate -

                http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fgpayne2.home.mindspring.com%2Findex.html

                > > Second, it contains many deprecated elements.
                > >
                > > Third, CSS is under-utilized.
                > >
                > > You didn't ask but . . . aesthetically, the look is very retro,
                > > mid-90s. The colors are a bit too vibrant for my taste and hurt my
                > > eyes.
                > > And sorry but I can't really say there is a design there at all.
                > >
                > > Can't comments on the pages you requested because all the links are
                > > bringing up a 500 Internal Server Error. I am even unable to
                > access
                > > your style sheet.
                > >
                > > sisterscaoe
                > >
                > > --- gane423 <gane423@...> wrote:
                > >
                > >> at http://gpayne2.home.mindspring.com/index.html
                > >>
                > >> and see if anything serious is wrong with the Source coding,
                > >> Particularly for the "Family Pictures" and "Radio" pages and how
                > what
                > >>
                > >> problems are found could be fixed?
                > >>
                > >> Using NoteTab Light 4.95 (Freeware version).

                > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                > The NoteTab Off Topic List:
                >
                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • sisterscape
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 9, 2006
                  Yes, Zen Garden is the BEST example of all. I should have thought of it
                  myself . . . I really am out of the designing loop these days . . .
                  LOL!!

                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 9, 2006
                    OK, I started thinking about this question a little more . . .

                    Here's one more very useful URL - http://www.pmob.co.uk/ The site
                    itself is not the point. But the list of the CSS tips and tricks
                    (including layouts) is about the best available. It is pure genius!

                    sisterscape

                    --- Patricia Tidmarsh <patricia@...> wrote:

                    > Could you supply a couple of URLs for up-to-date designs with CSS.
                    > Thanks

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Lee Underwood
                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 9, 2006
                      I couldn't get the URL to load ... problem on my end?

                      Lee

                      Message 10 of 16 , Sep 9, 2006
                        Pops right up here. :)

                        --- Lee Underwood <leeu@...> wrote:

                        > I couldn't get the URL to load ... problem on my end?
                        >
                        > Lee
                        >

                        > On 9/9/2006 11:58 PM, sisterscape wrote:
                        >
                        > >OK, I started thinking about this question a little more . . .
                        > >
                        > >Here's one more very useful URL - http://www.pmob.co.uk/ The site
                        > >itself is not the point. But the list of the CSS tips and tricks
                        > >(including layouts) is about the best available. It is pure genius!
                        > >
                        > >sisterscape

                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                      • Lee Underwood
                        Message 11 of 16 , Sep 10, 2006
                          Ah, it's working now. Thanks!

                          Lee

                          On 9/10/2006 01:52 AM, sisterscape wrote:

                          >Pops right up here. :)
                          >
                          >--- Lee Underwood <leeu@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > I couldn't get the URL to load ... problem on my end?
                          > >
                          > > Lee
                          > >

                          > > On 9/9/2006 11:58 PM, sisterscape wrote:
                          > >
                          > > >OK, I started thinking about this question a little more . . .
                          > > >
                          > > >Here's one more very useful URL - http://www.pmob.co.uk/ The site
                          > > >itself is not the point. But the list of the CSS tips and tricks
                          > > >(including layouts) is about the best available. It is pure genius!
                          > > >
                          > > >sisterscape

                          >Yahoo! Groups Links
                          >

                          >--
                        • gane423
                          Message 12 of 16 , Sep 11, 2006
                            That is odd about not being able to access it -- don't know what to
                            suggest. This is first time I've tried to put up a site, so naturally I
                            guess, has a lot of errors.

                            Finally got into the W3 validator site, and found a few pages of things
                            wrong -- including a couple where major error seemed to be I'd typed in
                              instead of   :)

                            Question: I thought I was using css on my site, what with the line in
                            the index page source code which includes

                            mindspring.com/style.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet"/>

                            so to convert to css I'd have to take the site down & completely redo
                            it, or what?
                          • sisterscape
                            Message 13 of 16 , Sep 11, 2006
                              I am now able to access the links on your site but still not the style
                              sheet at - http://gpayne2.Home.mindspring.com/style.css . . . getting a
                              page not found. So I can't check what you have going on in your CSS.

                              You wouldn't have to take the site down to improve the code. Just
                              revise one page at a time and overwrtite what you currently have up.

                              All of these tags (and all similar ones) are deprecated. The attributes
                              should instead be set in the CSS.

                              alink="ffcc00">
                              color="#ffff00" size="+1">

                              Likewise huge chunks of   can be eliminated by setting margins on
                              various elements in the CSS. All these changes will make the code much
                              cleaner and up-to-date.

                              sisterscape

                              PS You can put an   into a document by clicking on the "non
                              breaking space" under "other elements" in the HTML clipbook library.
                              No need to do a lot of typing. ;)

                              http://mail.yahoo.com
                              Message 14 of 16 , Sep 11, 2006
                                Hi gane423,

                                Could you all bring this discussion over to the HTML list please? You can
                                signup for it at the bottom on any [NTB] message.

                                >at http://gpayne2.home.mindspring.com/index.html
                                >
                                >and see if anything serious is wrong with the Source coding,
                                >Particularly for the "Family Pictures" and "Radio" pages and how what
                                >problems are found could be fixed?

                                I've got Fookesability!
                                Although at times, no sensibility. <g>
                                http://clean-funnies.com