Searching in Outline Files

  • Jeff Kenton
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31 6:11 AM
      Hi everyone. I did due diligence on this question by searching the
      archives first, but no luck.

      Here's the issue: I am using NT 4.95 Pro, and noticed some weird
      search behavior in Outline files that have only one heading. That is,
      they are not getting searched by NoteTab's Find Feature (with Scope:
      All Documents checked).

      I use keywords to manage my tasks, and search for them using an
      external (not built-in to NoteTab) grep batch file, creating a nice
      todo list every morning.

      The external grep command sees into the OTL files with only single
      headings, but when I search for the file (in NoteTab) containing the
      keyword, the file is never found. As soon as I have more than one
      heading in the OTL file, all is as it should be (i.e. the file is
      found and the keyword is highlighted).

      Obviously, for me, the workaround is to always have two headings or
      more in an outline file. Has anyone else seen this? Is there some
      patch that I missed along the way?

      Thanks!

      Jeff