Re: [NTB] Re: Way to flag a tab or two? (amended)

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 30, 2006
      ken winston caine wrote:
      > After a couple days playing with this, I am finding the single row of
      > tabs does not stay put, either. The five files I dragged to the left
      > side of the screen don't stay there upon reboot and, of course, dance
      > around each time I open a different file.
      >
      > Any solution to that?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > kwc

      kwc,

      I have most of a solution worked out for you. I'll start with only one
      step though. The clip below is used after you have all your files
      loaded in no particular order. I tested it on 170 files loaded at one
      time and it worked great!

      How it works;

      All loaded files are saved as a favorites file named Load_Right,
      indicating the rightside filetabs. That doesn't mean much until the
      clip completes.

      As soon as the favorites file is created the path/filenames are sorted
      and assigned to a variable.

      The sorted variable is then re-written to Load_Right in its sorted form.

      The clip checks to insure the status bar is enabled, if not then the bar
      is enabled as a place to display a simple instruction.

      Immediately after it checks to see if filetabs are stacked, if not then
      the tabs are stacked by the clip.

      This is done so you won't have to scroll back and forth looking for
      different filenames, they will all be visible.

      Now the clip displays an instruction bar explaining how to select files,
      one at a time, to be displayed by the leftside filetabs.

      The instruction bar disappears after the first selection but similar
      instructions are displayed in the status bar until the clip finishes.

      These will be the files you indicated you use repetitiously and want to
      be displayed on the left.

      After selecting each filetab you want on the left press Ctrl, then
      select another and press Ctrl after each until you have the main files
      selected.

      As each file is selected(focused) the path/filename is written to a
      Load_Left favorites file.

      Now, after you have selected your left-side files, press Shift+Ctrl to
      stop the selection process.

      The clip now 'UNstacks' the filetabs, closes all open files and load the
      'Load_Left' favorites file, this insures the files you want on the left
      are the first to be loaded.

      After the left-side is loaded the clip loads the 'Load_Right' favorites
      file, the end result is, the files you wanted on the left are on the
      left, all the rest are loaded to the right of those left-side files.
      Filetabs will be un-stacked.

      Sounds like a lot of work but it goes quickly, doesn't take long at all
      to pick 8 or 10 load_left files.

      I'll paste the clip below but you will have to inspect it carefully for
      email wrapped lines. If that becomes a problem I can send it to you as
      a text file you'll just have to copy and paste into a clipbook.

      --------------------
      H="Pick Files to Load_Left"
      ;_ Modified-Updated~Created_20060830
      ;_ hrs ø hsavage·pobox·com_01:25:10a
      ^!DeleteFile ^$GetFavoritePath$Load_Right.fvr
      ^!DeleteFile ^$GetFavoritePath$Load_Left.fvr
      ^!Set %doc_idx%=^$GetExpandedName(^##)$
      ^!SaveFavorites Load_Right
      ;
      ^!Set
      %sorter%=^$StrSort("^$GetFileText(^$GetFavoritePath$Load_Right.fvr)$";0;1;1)$
      ;
      ^!TextToFile ^$GetFavoritePath$Load_Right.fvr ^%sorter%
      ^!ProgIniSave
      ^!IfFalse ^$GetValue("Options:ShowStatusBar")$ ^!Menu View/Status Bar
      ^!IfFalse ^$GetValue("TabBar:StackTabs")$ ^!Menu View/Stack Document Tabs
      ^!ProgIniSave
      ;
      ^!StatusShow FOCUS EACH LOAD_LEFT FILE AND PRESS CTRL TO CONTINUE ->
      SHIFT+CTRL TO EXIT - CHECK STATUS BAR
      ;
      ^!SetHintInfo FOCUS EACH LOAD_LEFT FILE AND PRESS CTRL TO CONTINUE ->
      SHIFT+CTRL TO EXIT
      ;
      :ANOTHER
      ^!Delay 1
      ^!IfFalse ^$IsCtrlKeyDown$ SKIP_-1
      ^!IfTrue ^$Calc(^$IsShiftKeyDown$*^$IsCtrlKeyDown$)$ END
      ^!IfTrue ^$IsCtrlKeyDown$ SKIP_-1
      ;
      ^!AppendToFile "^$GetFavoritePath$Load_Left.fvr"
      ^$GetExpandedName(^##)$^%nL%
      ^!Sound "^$GetSoundPath$click-6.wav"
      ^!StatusClose
      ^!Goto ANOTHER
      ;
      :END
      ^!IfTrue ^$GetValue("TabBar:StackTabs")$ ^!Menu View/Stack Document Tabs
      ^!Close ALL,SAVE
      ^!SetScreenUpdate 0
      ^!OpenFavorites Load_Left
      ^!OpenFavorites Load_Right
      ^!SetDocIndex ^$GetDocIndex(^%doc_idx%)$

      ºvº
      2006.08.30
      "One of us is thinking about sex..., OK, it's me."
      hrs ø hsavage@...