[NTB] Re: NTP Screen Font Support Degraded?

  • xtx222003
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 23, 2006
      Hi sisterscape,

      I'm glad to hear that worked for you too, I can't think of a better
      way, the reviews tend to be too wordy, too confusing, and it depends
      what they are reviewing it for, (Video, graphics, games, etc), and
      the same model can be made by different manufactures, like it turned
      out my Dell monitor was being made by 3 different manufacturers
      Samsung being the best of the 3. Funny thing is that I went to a Dell
      kiosk in a local mall and they had their "MY Computer" locked down so
      I couldn't test the monitors with my USB stick files, and when they
      said they wouldn't unlock it when I told them what I was doing, and I
      simply walked away and tested it at every other shop.

      I found a handy monitor text utility at
      http://www.dustylens.com/monitor_tests.htm and I found most of it
      very useful along with my test files.

      I still find the Fixed width fonts an eye sore, but this monitor at
      least makes them tolerably passable. I really wish that NTP's use of
      Fixed width fonts for the screen was a preference for those who had
      to work with them.

      Best,
      Corl

      http://www.samsung.com/Products/Monitor/LCD_Digital/LS20BRDBSQXAA.asp

      > > that displayed fonts better than any CRT we've seen, and rendered
      the

      > > images with amazingly bright colors and sharp details. While we
      were
      > > prepared to pay a lot more because this is where spend most of
      our
      > > time, more than sleeping, more than watching TV, I mean this is
      our
      > > life and livelihood, and it doesn't hurt that we can always write
      > > them off next years taxes, we got a good deal, only $80 more than
      the

      > > Dell Samsung that was giving me headaches.
      > >
      > > Best,
      > > Corl
      > >

      > > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Alec Burgess\(g\)" <buralex@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Corl:
      > > > Good for us (Notetab community), bad for you (if money spent
      on
      > > monitor is
      > > > "wasted") :-( Have you googled or google-grouped to see if
      others
      > > have
      > > > reported similar problems with same manufacturer/model monitor?
      > > >
      > > > Could you share those manufacturer/model details with us? Based
      on
      > > your
      > > > satisfaction with its display of photos it sounds like its
      probably

      > > fairly
      > > > high-end and perhaps there is an options setting to try that
      isn't
      > > as
      > > > obvious ...
      > > >
      > > > Note: I'm sending this to NTB-off-topic and copying you, just
      in
      > > case you're
      > > > not yet subscribed: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-offtopic/
      > > >
      > > > Regards ... Alec