Re: [NTB] Multiple INI Questions

  • John Mitchell
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 12, 2006
      Let me answer my own question... it is working as designed.

      When all else failed, I resorted to reading the Help where it clearly
      says: /INST=InstanceID Opens a new instance of NoteTab (even if multiple
      instances is disabled) or activates the instance matching the InstanceID
      text. Use quotes around InstanceId if it contains spaces. Multiple
      instances are disabled in instances opened through this method, *and
      documents are not automatically reopened*. Example: NoteTab /INST="HTML
      Editing".

      Once I removed the /INST= from my command line, problems (1) to (3) went
      away.

      My understanding of multiple instances is/was flawed. In my default NTB
      profile I do *not* enable multiple instances. I had assumed that meant
      no other copy of NTB would open but this is not true. I am able to open
      a separate copy of NTB as long as I use a different INI.

      Regards, John M