Re: Saving Backup Of Options

  • Jody Adair
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 29, 1998
      Hi David,

      >Are you saying that instead of fiddling with our settings each time
      >we install a new version of NTP, we can just take NotePro.ini out
      >of the old folder and put it in the new folder, and we get instant
      >settings?

      Yes sir, you can do that! I personally do not do it in the early
      stages of beta testing however I do move the old back in once I see
      the new beta is stable. Of course if you install into the same
      folder as the old NoteTab your old .ini will be used. I normally
      move the old NotePro.exe out of the folder leaving everything else
      in there and install only the update files by selecting them in
      WinZip which you have. :)

      You can save your NotePro.ini as NoteTab.ini and use it for NoteTab
      Standard (Std) too. Eric suggested not to use NoteTab.ini for
      NotePro.ini though. Furthermore, you can edit your .ini files in
      NoteTab and save them as !NotePro.ini or !NoteTab.ini and the next
      time you start NoteTab the new settings will take effect.

      Happy NoteTabbin',
      Jody
      http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611/notetab/notetab.htm