Re: File extensions (was [NTB] Newsletter Questions/Comments)

  • Wren McMains
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 29, 1998
      Hi Eric,

      You're right. My experience is with Word95 which when you
      "Save As *.txt" and type a name like abc.foo, it creates a file
      named "abc.foo". But I see that with Word97 Microsoft has made
      an "improvement" and now creates "abc.foo.txt".

      > >7/29 - File extensions (personally I think it is
      > >a bug that .txt is always added -- most other programs
      > >add the default extension ONLY if NO extension is typed.)
      >
      > All programs using the standard Windows file dialog boxes do this. And the
      > default extension is added by Windows, not NoteTab. If the extension you
      > are using is listed in the dialog's file-type list, then the default
      > extension is not added.

      As you say, the solution is to have you default wild cards include
      all your favorite extensions, like:

      NoteTab files (*.txt;*.otl;*.tpl;*.clb;*.htm)
      *.txt;*.otl;*.tpl;*.clb;*.htm

      Works for me! Thanks for giving us all the customization control!!