Re: [NTB] Re: Multiple INI Questions

  • John Mitchell
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2 12:10 PM
      Quote.. "I used some clip code posted by Larry Hamilton to generate the
      command."

      Larry, apologies for referring to you in the third person. I replied so
      quickly to your post that I didn't spot the fact that you were the
      person I was responding to! My excuse is that it is 5am here in Sydney
      and I'm not yet fully awake.

      Regards, John M
    • lm_hamilton
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 3 6:06 AM
        John,

        No problem. I only follow this list on the web due to its high volume.
        I only respond to a few messages.

        Larry Hamilton

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "John Mitchell" <notetab@...> wrote:

        > Quote.. "I used some clip code posted by Larry Hamilton to generate the
        > command."
        >
        > Larry, apologies for referring to you in the third person. I replied so
        > quickly to your post that I didn't spot the fact that you were the
        > person I was responding to! My excuse is that it is 5am here in Sydney
        > and I'm not yet fully awake.
        >
        > Regards, John M
      • lm_hamilton
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 3 6:10 AM
          John,

          I do not have time to test this, at the moment, but the problem may be
          that I installed version 5 over version 5 beta, which I installed over
          version 4. I prefer to have NoteTab installed to C:\NoteTab.

          This must be part of the reason I cannot duplicate this issue.

          Larry Hamilton

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "John Mitchell" <notetab@...> wrote:

          > I used some clip code posted by Larry Hamilton to generate the command.
          > Here it is..
          >
          > "E:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro 5\NotePro.exe" /L="HTML" /C=HTML-1
          > /INST="HTML Editing" /INI="HTML"
          >
          > The behaviour is as described whether I start from a desktop shortcut or
          > from Start --> Run. HTML.ini is created in C:\Documents and
          > Settings\MYUSEERNAME\Application Data\NoteTab Pro
          >
          > Regards, John M
        • John Mitchell
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 12 10:30 PM
            Let me answer my own question... it is working as designed.

            When all else failed, I resorted to reading the Help where it clearly
            says: /INST=InstanceID Opens a new instance of NoteTab (even if multiple
            instances is disabled) or activates the instance matching the InstanceID
            text. Use quotes around InstanceId if it contains spaces. Multiple
            instances are disabled in instances opened through this method, *and
            documents are not automatically reopened*. Example: NoteTab /INST="HTML
            Editing".

            Once I removed the /INST= from my command line, problems (1) to (3) went
            away.

            My understanding of multiple instances is/was flawed. In my default NTB
            profile I do *not* enable multiple instances. I had assumed that meant
            no other copy of NTB would open but this is not true. I am able to open
            a separate copy of NTB as long as I use a different INI.

            Regards, John M