Re: Re: [NTB] Upgrade worked perfectly for me.

  • stanblaz@netspace.net.au
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 31, 2006
      On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 17:31:11 -0500, you wrote:

      >Hi Scott and Others,
      >
      >>prog@... wrote:
      >>> As I've been seeing a lot of people who have been commenting on
      >>> problems I thought I'd mention that the update worked perfectly
      >>> for me.
      >>
      >>Ditto here. Once I installed 4.95 (I was running 4.92), I
      >>got the Updates option from the Help menu, and I was able to
      >>proceed with the upgrade order process from there. In terms
      >>of installing 5.0, I first uninstalled 4.95, renamed my old
      >>C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro directory, and verified that
      >>there were no old Profile settings that might conflict with
      >>the new version. I then installed 5.0 without a hitch, and
      >>the program seems to run very well -- none of the slow toolbar
      >>
      >>With regard to the slow tool bar thing, FWIW, I'm running
      >>Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4.
      >
      >I believe the slow Clipbar issue is with NoteTab Standard;
      >NoteTab Pro does not exhibit the problem.

      I have to disagree there, (unless the trial version of NoteTab Pro 5 is
      different from the full version) I have never even looked at the standard
      version.

      I have tried it on 2 systems ....
      Win98se Pentium 233Mhz 128meg ram ... 'first' display of each clipbar can
      take up to 20 seconds, thereafter OK until NoteTab is closed & reopened, then
      repeats.

      WinXPsp2 Pentium4 2.8Ghz 512meg ram ... 'first' display of each clipbar is
      noticeably slow (about 3 secs & you can see each icon being displayed),
      thereafter almost instant until NoteTab is closed & reopened, then repeats.

      Both installations were done as a separate install from the already installed
      v4.95.

      This email was sent from Netspace Webmail: http://www.netspace.net.au
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 1, 2006
        Hi Bruce,

        >I give up!
        >
        >I filled out the form at https://www.plimus.com/jsp/buynow.jsp,
        >and pressed Next.
        >
        >The message Please complete the form below, missing or incorrect
        >fields are marked with !
        >
        >was displayed.
        >
        >NOTHING was marked with a !, nothing. But pressing Next gives the
        >same result repeatedly.
        >
        >Apparently, "You can't get there from here!"
        >
        >Great Scott!
        >
        >Jody will say that it has worked for thousands. It is not really
        >necessary for each of you to post a message saying "It works for
        >me.".

        Nope, I'll just let you say it. I'm sorry for all your problems
        though. It just doesn't seem like its your week, does it? ;)

        Maybe there was a field you had to choose something in like a
        pull down list for the method of order and that whatever is
        suppose to be marked with an "!" isn't happening.

        I cannot think of any possible reason that Fookes Software would
        not want to sell their products by fixing any alleged problem
        there is. It just doesn't make rational 'cents' to me. $-)

        It's time to take this off list. Please write me at Support at
        Fookes dot com if you have more complaints and troubles. The
        Basic list is strictly for the basic use of NoteTab, not
        somewhere to vent your feelings, etc. And, none of the lists
        should be used to make smart remarks, cussing, heated
        discussions, or anything else that hasn't anything to do with
        issues. Each list has its own purposes. At least take this one to
        the Off Topic list or write me at Support.

        Happy Tab'n,