Re: [NTB] Re: Nothing Happens When Check for Updates Clicked

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2006
      Hi All,

      Anymore replies to this message thread need to go over to the
      OffTopic list or private eMail. More comments are below.

      >> Thanks for the hints, Jody.
      >>
      >> Against my better judgement, I closed down my firewall and pest
      >> control temporarily.
      >> However, clicking on "Click here to get a 50% discount on your
      >> NoteTab 5.0 Update" or any other entry in that window still has
      >> no effect. My firewall does not block things without asking.
      >
      >There's more nonsense where that comes from. So I try to submit
      >my information and I get
      >
      >The transaction resulted in an AVS mismatch. The address provided
      >does not match billing address of cardholder. Please correct the
      >billing address. If problems persist, please go back and use the
      >Fax payment option to submit your order."
      >
      >Obviously SOMEBODY has no idea where I live. But I'm pissed off.
      >And.... the best I can do is say I've tried. I guess I won't be
      >joining other folks in 5.0 . Why? Because I don't have a Swiss
      >bank account? So be it. I tried.

      There are other ways to order and you could have written me at
      support and Support@.... Having a Swiss bank account has
      nothing to do with the rejection or the order which may have been
      a number of reasons. It appears that you entered a different name
      or made a typo in your address for the charge card. That type of
      rejection comes from the charge account declining the purchase
      for fraud protection. It was not our reseller that decline you.

      Also, I have warned you in the past about the usage of curse
      words, which of course means acronyms as well. Years ago I banned
      you after a number of attempts to post with another domain name.
      You refused to do so, so I banned you from posting. This time, I
      just simply banned you without warning - you know the rules.

      Your last message and anybody replying to it w/o taking the
      acronym out of the Subject line will also have their messages
      possibly set to moderate mode and eventually banned from posting.
      The message will also be removed from the archive. Too many
      replies with it not taken out will get you banned from posting.

      Happy Tab'n,