Re: [NTB] Too small dialog boxes

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 12, 2006
      Eric Fookes wrote:
      > Hi Larry,
      >
      >> I am new to the group, to message groups in general and to NoteTab. I
      >> am currently in the 30 day trial of NoteTab Pro. It looks like there
      >> is a lot to like with the program. But, I have a problem with the
      >> dialog boxes used for customization in the Options menu. Many of
      >> these boxes are too small for the elements within, making the bottom
      >> line (or perhaps more, I suppose) unreadable and unusable. Is there a
      >> way to correct this? (I use Windows XP Pro).
      >
      > There is indeed a problem with some dialog boxes when Windows is
      > configured to use large fonts. This issue has been fixed in NoteTab 5.0,
      > which will be released soon. I hope to have a public beta ready for
      > download today...

      Wow, that is a major announcement from Eric!

      I am trying to find an example of what you refer to Larry, but I might
      try the following:
      a. some dialog boxes can be resized by dragging them
      b. try using tab to get beyond the visible items perhaps
      c. go to start --> control panel --> display --> appearance --> font
      size and try adjusting your settings until you get the options the way
      you want them
    • drdrano48
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 12, 2006
        Hello Eric,

        Thank you for your prompt reply. I reduced my display DPI to 96 from
        its previous setting of 125 and the problem is resolved. Of course,
        now I am sitting a little closer to the screen! :)

        Larry Fundell

        > Hi Larry,
        >
        > > I am new to the group, to message groups in general and to NoteTab. I
        > > am currently in the 30 day trial of NoteTab Pro. It looks like there
        > > is a lot to like with the program. But, I have a problem with the
        > > dialog boxes used for customization in the Options menu. Many of
        > > these boxes are too small for the elements within, making the bottom
        > > line (or perhaps more, I suppose) unreadable and unusable. Is there a
        > > way to correct this? (I use Windows XP Pro).
        >
        > There is indeed a problem with some dialog boxes when Windows is
        > configured to use large fonts. This issue has been fixed in NoteTab
        5.0,
        > which will be released soon. I hope to have a public beta ready for
        > download today...
        >
        > --
        > Regards,
        >
        > Eric Fookes
        > http://www.fookes.com/

      • drdrano48
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 12, 2006
          Hello Don,

          Thank you for your prompt reply and excellent suggestions. I was able
          to correct my little problem in a manner similar to your suggestion c.

          As is common in Windows, I got there by a different path:

          right-click on desktop, Properties, Settings, Advanced, change DPI in
          Display area.

          Larry