Too small dialog boxes

  • drdrano48
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 12, 2006
      Hello,

      I am new to the group, to message groups in general and to NoteTab. I
      am currently in the 30 day trial of NoteTab Pro. It looks like there
      is a lot to like with the program. But, I have a problem with the
      dialog boxes used for customization in the Options menu. Many of
      these boxes are too small for the elements within, making the bottom
      line (or perhaps more, I suppose) unreadable and unusable. Is there a
      way to correct this? (I use Windows XP Pro).

      Larry Fundell
    • Eric Fookes
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 12, 2006
        Hi Larry,

        > I am new to the group, to message groups in general and to NoteTab. I
        > am currently in the 30 day trial of NoteTab Pro. It looks like there
        > is a lot to like with the program. But, I have a problem with the
        > dialog boxes used for customization in the Options menu. Many of
        > these boxes are too small for the elements within, making the bottom
        > line (or perhaps more, I suppose) unreadable and unusable. Is there a
        > way to correct this? (I use Windows XP Pro).

        There is indeed a problem with some dialog boxes when Windows is
        configured to use large fonts. This issue has been fixed in NoteTab 5.0,
        which will be released soon. I hope to have a public beta ready for
        download today...

        Eric Fookes
        http://www.fookes.com/
      • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 12, 2006
          Eric Fookes wrote:
          > Hi Larry,
          >
          >> I am new to the group, to message groups in general and to NoteTab. I
          >> am currently in the 30 day trial of NoteTab Pro. It looks like there
          >> is a lot to like with the program. But, I have a problem with the
          >> dialog boxes used for customization in the Options menu. Many of
          >> these boxes are too small for the elements within, making the bottom
          >> line (or perhaps more, I suppose) unreadable and unusable. Is there a
          >> way to correct this? (I use Windows XP Pro).
          >
          > There is indeed a problem with some dialog boxes when Windows is
          > configured to use large fonts. This issue has been fixed in NoteTab 5.0,
          > which will be released soon. I hope to have a public beta ready for
          > download today...

          Wow, that is a major announcement from Eric!

          I am trying to find an example of what you refer to Larry, but I might
          try the following:
          a. some dialog boxes can be resized by dragging them
          b. try using tab to get beyond the visible items perhaps
          c. go to start --> control panel --> display --> appearance --> font
          size and try adjusting your settings until you get the options the way
          you want them
        • drdrano48
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 12, 2006
            Hello Eric,

            Thank you for your prompt reply. I reduced my display DPI to 96 from
            its previous setting of 125 and the problem is resolved. Of course,
            now I am sitting a little closer to the screen! :)

            Larry Fundell

            > Hi Larry,
            >
            > > I am new to the group, to message groups in general and to NoteTab. I
            > > am currently in the 30 day trial of NoteTab Pro. It looks like there
            > > is a lot to like with the program. But, I have a problem with the
            > > dialog boxes used for customization in the Options menu. Many of
            > > these boxes are too small for the elements within, making the bottom
            > > line (or perhaps more, I suppose) unreadable and unusable. Is there a
            > > way to correct this? (I use Windows XP Pro).
            >
            > There is indeed a problem with some dialog boxes when Windows is
            > configured to use large fonts. This issue has been fixed in NoteTab
            5.0,
            > which will be released soon. I hope to have a public beta ready for
            > download today...
            >
            > --
            > Regards,
            >
            > Eric Fookes
            > http://www.fookes.com/

          • drdrano48
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 12, 2006
              Hello Don,

              Thank you for your prompt reply and excellent suggestions. I was able
              to correct my little problem in a manner similar to your suggestion c.

              As is common in Windows, I got there by a different path:

              right-click on desktop, Properties, Settings, Advanced, change DPI in
              Display area.

              Larry