Re: [Clip] Re: [NTB] Testing Bouncing - The Sequel

  • sisterscape
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 8, 2006
      Came to my Inbox. sisterscape

      --- rpdooling <rpdooling@...> wrote:

      > > They appear to be working fine Don. Just quiet.
      >
      > Quiet and very sluggish. It takes a minute-and-a-half to call up the
      > post screen. Then I post and it doesn't show up.
      >
      > Didn't Don once look into moving this thing to Google Groups? Much
      > more responsive, much better layout, much better search.
      >
      > Just a thought.
      >
      > rd
      >
      > ps - don't know whether this post will show or not.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • rpdooling
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 8, 2006

        --- rpdooling <rpdooling@...> wrote:
        > Quiet and very sluggish.

        Thanks. I was unclear. When speaking about "sluggish" I'm referring to
        the web component. I don't subscribe via email, I access on the web.
        It's always clunky, but today (Sat, July 8) it's even slower than
        usual, and in fact has shown the "Ntb-clips list is unavailable"
        several times.

        Maybe just temporary server problems.

        I still think Google Groups is far superior. See, e.g., the python
        newsgroup:

        http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python

        The threading is better, and if an older topic becomes active, it
        appears on the right in a separate column. You can also tag threads
        you want to keep track of, and the search is lightening fast and
        comprehensive.

        Just my 2 pennies. Now I'm bankrupt :)

        rd
        http://dooling.com
      • David Smart
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 8, 2006
          Yep, I got it too. And the Post pop-up is as fast as I'd expect it with two
          big downloads going at the same time (i.e. < 1 second). Sounds like the
          problem is somehow at your end.

          Regards, Dave S

          >> > They appear to be working fine Don. Just quiet.
          >>
          >> Quiet and very sluggish. It takes a minute-and-a-half to call up the
          >> post screen. Then I post and it doesn't show up.
          >>
          >> Didn't Don once look into moving this thing to Google Groups? Much
          >> more responsive, much better layout, much better search.
          >>
          >> Just a thought.
          >>
          >> rd
          >>
          >> ps - don't know whether this post will show or not.

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Don Daugherty
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 10, 2006
            Thanks to all who replied. I'm getting both groups now.