Re: [Clip] Re: [NTB] Testing Bouncing - The Sequel

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 6, 2006
      Hi Don,

      >Don Daugherty wrote:
      >> Testing to see if the list is just dormant, or if "bouncing" is
      >> occurring again.
      >>
      >Ok, my test message made it out and back. Now, can someone tell me if
      >there has been normal activity on both these lists? I've seen nothing
      >the last several days.

      They appear to be working fine Don. Just quiet. You know how they
      go into slack periods. Perhaps the 4th of July, Independence Day,
      had something to do with it too. We had great fireworks in town
      on the 4th and as you know many families have family get-togethers
      on the 4th, even the ones that travel to get to their destination
      family ordeal. <g>

      <off-topic>
      I'm sure glad did not have the Queen of England revoke our
      independence that year that my state (Florida) couldn't fill out
      the ballot forms, because of the supposed hard to understand
      issues with the system when we were voting for president that
      year. <vbg>
      </off-topic>

      See ya in the funnies,
      Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

      http://www.clean-funnies.com
    • rpdooling
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 8, 2006
        > They appear to be working fine Don. Just quiet.

        Quiet and very sluggish. It takes a minute-and-a-half to call up the
        post screen. Then I post and it doesn't show up.

        Didn't Don once look into moving this thing to Google Groups? Much
        more responsive, much better layout, much better search.

        Just a thought.

        rd

        ps - don't know whether this post will show or not.
      • sisterscape
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 8, 2006
          Came to my Inbox. sisterscape

          --- rpdooling <rpdooling@...> wrote:

          > > They appear to be working fine Don. Just quiet.
          >
          > Quiet and very sluggish. It takes a minute-and-a-half to call up the
          > post screen. Then I post and it doesn't show up.
          >
          > Didn't Don once look into moving this thing to Google Groups? Much
          > more responsive, much better layout, much better search.
          >
          > Just a thought.
          >
          > rd
          >
          > ps - don't know whether this post will show or not.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • rpdooling
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 8, 2006

            --- rpdooling <rpdooling@...> wrote:
            > Quiet and very sluggish.

            Thanks. I was unclear. When speaking about "sluggish" I'm referring to
            the web component. I don't subscribe via email, I access on the web.
            It's always clunky, but today (Sat, July 8) it's even slower than
            usual, and in fact has shown the "Ntb-clips list is unavailable"
            several times.

            Maybe just temporary server problems.

            I still think Google Groups is far superior. See, e.g., the python
            newsgroup:

            http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python

            The threading is better, and if an older topic becomes active, it
            appears on the right in a separate column. You can also tag threads
            you want to keep track of, and the search is lightening fast and
            comprehensive.

            Just my 2 pennies. Now I'm bankrupt :)

            rd
            http://dooling.com
          • David Smart
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 8, 2006
              Yep, I got it too. And the Post pop-up is as fast as I'd expect it with two
              big downloads going at the same time (i.e. < 1 second). Sounds like the
              problem is somehow at your end.

              Regards, Dave S

              >> > They appear to be working fine Don. Just quiet.
              >>
              >> Quiet and very sluggish. It takes a minute-and-a-half to call up the
              >> post screen. Then I post and it doesn't show up.
              >>
              >> Didn't Don once look into moving this thing to Google Groups? Much
              >> more responsive, much better layout, much better search.
              >>
              >> Just a thought.
              >>
              >> rd
              >>
              >> ps - don't know whether this post will show or not.

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Don Daugherty
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 10, 2006
                Thanks to all who replied. I'm getting both groups now.