Re: [NTB] Testing Bouncing

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 5, 2006
      sisterscape wrote:
      > The lists have been very, very quiet. I was wondering if they were
      > dead too!
      >

      > --- Don Daugherty <ddaugherty@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Testing to see if the list is just dormant, or if "bouncing" is
      >> occurring again.

      Don,

      As with the other list, the last email was 7/1.

      ºvº
      06.07.05_19.34
      "Classic Clothing; Wearing Outfits You Already Have."
      hrs ø hsavage@...
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 6, 2006
        Hi Don,

        >Don Daugherty wrote:
        >> Testing to see if the list is just dormant, or if "bouncing" is
        >> occurring again.
        >>
        >Ok, my test message made it out and back. Now, can someone tell me if
        >there has been normal activity on both these lists? I've seen nothing
        >the last several days.

        They appear to be working fine Don. Just quiet. You know how they
        go into slack periods. Perhaps the 4th of July, Independence Day,
        had something to do with it too. We had great fireworks in town
        on the 4th and as you know many families have family get-togethers
        on the 4th, even the ones that travel to get to their destination
        family ordeal. <g>

        <off-topic>
        I'm sure glad did not have the Queen of England revoke our
        independence that year that my state (Florida) couldn't fill out
        the ballot forms, because of the supposed hard to understand
        issues with the system when we were voting for president that
        year. <vbg>
        </off-topic>

        See ya in the funnies,
        Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

        http://www.clean-funnies.com
      • rpdooling
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 8, 2006
          > They appear to be working fine Don. Just quiet.

          Quiet and very sluggish. It takes a minute-and-a-half to call up the
          post screen. Then I post and it doesn't show up.

          Didn't Don once look into moving this thing to Google Groups? Much
          more responsive, much better layout, much better search.

          Just a thought.

          rd

          ps - don't know whether this post will show or not.
        • sisterscape
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 8, 2006
            Came to my Inbox. sisterscape

            --- rpdooling <rpdooling@...> wrote:

            > > They appear to be working fine Don. Just quiet.
            >
            > Quiet and very sluggish. It takes a minute-and-a-half to call up the
            > post screen. Then I post and it doesn't show up.
            >
            > Didn't Don once look into moving this thing to Google Groups? Much
            > more responsive, much better layout, much better search.
            >
            > Just a thought.
            >
            > rd
            >
            > ps - don't know whether this post will show or not.

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • rpdooling
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 8, 2006

              --- rpdooling <rpdooling@...> wrote:
              > Quiet and very sluggish.

              Thanks. I was unclear. When speaking about "sluggish" I'm referring to
              the web component. I don't subscribe via email, I access on the web.
              It's always clunky, but today (Sat, July 8) it's even slower than
              usual, and in fact has shown the "Ntb-clips list is unavailable"
              several times.

              Maybe just temporary server problems.

              I still think Google Groups is far superior. See, e.g., the python
              newsgroup:

              http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python

              The threading is better, and if an older topic becomes active, it
              appears on the right in a separate column. You can also tag threads
              you want to keep track of, and the search is lightening fast and
              comprehensive.

              Just my 2 pennies. Now I'm bankrupt :)

              rd
              http://dooling.com
            • David Smart
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 8, 2006
                Yep, I got it too. And the Post pop-up is as fast as I'd expect it with two
                big downloads going at the same time (i.e. < 1 second). Sounds like the
                problem is somehow at your end.

                Regards, Dave S

                >> > They appear to be working fine Don. Just quiet.
                >>
                >> Quiet and very sluggish. It takes a minute-and-a-half to call up the
                >> post screen. Then I post and it doesn't show up.
                >>
                >> Didn't Don once look into moving this thing to Google Groups? Much
                >> more responsive, much better layout, much better search.
                >>
                >> Just a thought.
                >>
                >> rd
                >>
                >> ps - don't know whether this post will show or not.

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Don Daugherty
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 10, 2006
                  Thanks to all who replied. I'm getting both groups now.