Re: [NTB] Testing Bouncing - The Sequel

  • fw7oaks
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 5, 2006
      Yes normal activity: Nothing.

      fw

      --- Don Daugherty <ddaugherty@...> wrote:

      > Don Daugherty wrote:
      > > Testing to see if the list is just dormant, or if "bouncing" is
      > > occurring again.
      > >
      > Ok, my test message made it out and back. Now, can someone tell me
      > if
      > there has been normal activity on both these lists? I've seen
      > nothing
      > the last several days.

    • sisterscape
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 5, 2006
        The lists have been very, very quiet. I was wondering if they were
        dead too!

        --- Don Daugherty <ddaugherty@...> wrote:

        > Testing to see if the list is just dormant, or if "bouncing" is
        > occurring again.

        > The NoteTab Off Topic List:
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 5, 2006
          sisterscape wrote:
          > The lists have been very, very quiet. I was wondering if they were
          > dead too!
          >

          > --- Don Daugherty <ddaugherty@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Testing to see if the list is just dormant, or if "bouncing" is
          >> occurring again.

          Don,

          As with the other list, the last email was 7/1.

          ºvº
          06.07.05_19.34
          "Classic Clothing; Wearing Outfits You Already Have."
          hrs ø hsavage@...
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 6, 2006
            Hi Don,

            >Don Daugherty wrote:
            >> Testing to see if the list is just dormant, or if "bouncing" is
            >> occurring again.
            >>
            >Ok, my test message made it out and back. Now, can someone tell me if
            >there has been normal activity on both these lists? I've seen nothing
            >the last several days.

            They appear to be working fine Don. Just quiet. You know how they
            go into slack periods. Perhaps the 4th of July, Independence Day,
            had something to do with it too. We had great fireworks in town
            on the 4th and as you know many families have family get-togethers
            on the 4th, even the ones that travel to get to their destination
            family ordeal. <g>

            <off-topic>
            I'm sure glad did not have the Queen of England revoke our
            independence that year that my state (Florida) couldn't fill out
            the ballot forms, because of the supposed hard to understand
            issues with the system when we were voting for president that
            year. <vbg>
            </off-topic>

            See ya in the funnies,
            Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

            http://www.clean-funnies.com
          • rpdooling
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 8, 2006
              > They appear to be working fine Don. Just quiet.

              Quiet and very sluggish. It takes a minute-and-a-half to call up the
              post screen. Then I post and it doesn't show up.

              Didn't Don once look into moving this thing to Google Groups? Much
              more responsive, much better layout, much better search.

              Just a thought.

              rd

              ps - don't know whether this post will show or not.
            • sisterscape
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 8, 2006
                Came to my Inbox. sisterscape

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 8, 2006

                  --- rpdooling <rpdooling@...> wrote:
                  > Quiet and very sluggish.

                  Thanks. I was unclear. When speaking about "sluggish" I'm referring to
                  the web component. I don't subscribe via email, I access on the web.
                  It's always clunky, but today (Sat, July 8) it's even slower than
                  usual, and in fact has shown the "Ntb-clips list is unavailable"
                  several times.

                  Maybe just temporary server problems.

                  I still think Google Groups is far superior. See, e.g., the python
                  newsgroup:

                  http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python

                  The threading is better, and if an older topic becomes active, it
                  appears on the right in a separate column. You can also tag threads
                  you want to keep track of, and the search is lightening fast and
                  comprehensive.

                  Just my 2 pennies. Now I'm bankrupt :)

                  rd
                  http://dooling.com
                • David Smart
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 8, 2006
                    Yep, I got it too. And the Post pop-up is as fast as I'd expect it with two
                    big downloads going at the same time (i.e. < 1 second). Sounds like the
                    problem is somehow at your end.

                    Regards, Dave S

                    >> > They appear to be working fine Don. Just quiet.
                    >>
                    >> Quiet and very sluggish. It takes a minute-and-a-half to call up the
                    >> post screen. Then I post and it doesn't show up.
                    >>
                    >> Didn't Don once look into moving this thing to Google Groups? Much
                    >> more responsive, much better layout, much better search.
                    >>
                    >> Just a thought.
                    >>
                    >> rd
                    >>
                    >> ps - don't know whether this post will show or not.

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Don Daugherty
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 10, 2006
                      Thanks to all who replied. I'm getting both groups now.