New

  • whitsgirl91
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 26, 2006
      hi everyone.
      well i am new to the group and to building a web site. i started
      this in january wanting to build a site for my church. so i went to
      tripod. i loved it. them i was talking to someone i know and they
      said hey why use tripod when you can build your own and it can look
      how ever you want? i did not know anything about html tags. but the
      person i was talking did and he had just build a web site for his
      church. so he offered to build me one how ever i wanted. well it
      turned out great and i was very pleased. my curiosity has grown so
      in the last 6 months i have learned how to do html tags( still
      learning, but i can do it with my cheat cheats,lol) i have been
      doing links too. well the church site he built it from is c-panel.
      its gator.com. the other day i needed another page up pretty fast.
      didnt want anything extra just the page linked from the church site
      and he did that for me. he did not use the stuff from c-panel. he
      told me he made it from scratch, using dream something. so this has
      started my curiosity more but he wont explain to me how to do it he
      just said "good luck" i downloaded note tab light but this has no
      directions that i can se. so heres my question!! where do i start at
      making a web page and when i mnake a web page how to i get it to my
      church site? im very confussed now and dont have a clue what to do.
      when i was learning in c-panel it was pretty easy.
    • loro
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 26, 2006
        Hi and welcome to the list :-)

        whitsgirl91 wrote:
        > where do i start at making a web page and when i mnake a web page
        >how to i get it to my church site? im very confussed now and dont have
        >a clue what to do. when i was learning in c-panel it was pretty easy.

        See if this helps.
        <http://pagetutor.com/html_tutor/index.html>

        There are basically two approaches. Use an editor that lets you drag
        objects around and generates the HTML for you in the background. You never
        need to see it. Those editors generally write pretty crappy code. The other
        approach is to write the HTML yourself. The initial learning curve may be
        steeper, but the result will be better. Your understanding of what you are
        doing will be greater, too. HTML is text, so all you need is a text editor.
        The more powerful the editor, the more you can speed your work up. And
        that's why you are here, I think. ;-)

        Jody, the list owner, doesn't want us to get too deep into HTML on the
        basic list. If you sign up for the HTML list, I'm sure people will be happy
        to help you learn about how to use Notetab to write HTML.
        <mailto:ntb-HTML-Subscribe@...>

        Lotta
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 28, 2006
          Hi Lotta and Others,

          >Hi and welcome to the list :-)
          >
          >whitsgirl91 wrote:
          >> where do i start at making a web page and when i make a web page...
          >
          >See if this helps.
          ><http://pagetutor.com/html_tutor/index.html>
          >Jody, the list owner, doesn't want us to get too deep into HTML on the
          >basic list. If you sign up for the HTML list, I'm sure people will be happy
          >to help you learn about how to use Notetab to write HTML.
          ><mailto:ntb-HTML-Subscribe@...>

          Thanks much Lotta and to the others that frequently post messages
          about moving the topic being discussed to more appropriate
          lists!!! I won't post it again, but for those that have been on
          the lists for say 6 months or less, please see my message with
          the Subject line of: "Sending Messages/Posting Policies ;)"

          It has all the lists "rules" and information about what lists you
          should post/reply to/send your messages to. TIA !!!-)))

          bcnu,
          jody

          I can only please one person a day.
          Today is obviously not your day.