Re: [NTB] Re: Insert tag has "funny" characters

  • Don Daugherty
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 19, 2006
      CAHansen1 wrote:
      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "CAHansen1" <cahansen1@...> wrote:
      >
      >> I just started using Notetab and it's a great program. One question I
      >> have involves dragging an image from the Quick List into the HTML
      >> document and automatically having Notetab create the HTML tag complete
      >> with path, size, etc. Why does the created tag have funny characters
      >> in the path? It seems that everywhere there is a space in the path,
      >> Notetab is putting a "%" symbol. Why is this happening? Is this
      >> something I correct, or is it supposed to be that way?
      >>
      >> Thanks.

      Not many people seem to be reading email right now, and I accidently
      deleted it with other threads that were finished. The best answer I can
      give you is to say that "it's normal." I think %20 (the number may be
      wrong) is a standard code for the space character. You'll find it used
      by a number of programs working with html. So, regardless of whether
      you and I find it more difficult to read, apparently it's more reliable
      in many program contexts and seems to be fairly standard practice, along
      with similar codes
      for other non-alphanumeric characters. You didn't do anything wrong
      and it's not a program bug.

      Hope this helps.
    • loro
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 19, 2006
        CAHansen1 wrote:
        >Hello??? Is this question unworthy of a response?

        Nah! I think a lot of posts are delayed right now. When they at last arrive
        they end up high up in the mailbox for people who sort by date. Maybe
        that's what happened to your first post.

        About the funny characters - what the others said. Just wanted to add a
        couple of URLs that you may find useful.
        <http://htmlhelp.com/faq/html/all.html#link-inconsistent>
        <http://blooberry.com/indexdot/html/topics/urlencoding.htm>

        Now we've entered HTML land. Jody, the list owner, wants us to discuss that
        on the special HTML list. If you are writing HTML, maybe you want to join?
        <mailto:ntb-HTML-Subscribe@...>

        Lotta