Re: [NTB] Re: multiple favorite folders

  • dave
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2006
      Hi
      I meant seperate fvr files.
      you can have as many ini's as you want ,I save all setting to the ini file,
      like below you can run a shortcut with your favorite icon.
      D:\NTS\NoteTab.exe /INI=NoteTabcd windows shortcut on quick launch bar
      D:\nts\NoteTabcd.ini
      D:\nts\NoteTab.ini
      D:\NTS\NOTETAB /INI=NoteTabcd

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2006
        Hi
        just a thought you can open multiple copies at the same as long as you do
        not use the same library in them.
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        > If you're suggesting that chaining files with comas in the parameter
        > might create a discrete set, I found '/F=apples,tangelos' loads all
        > favorite files as usual, including apples.fvr and tangelos.fvr, plus
        > creates and loads as default 'apples,tangelos.fvr'.
        >
        > BTW, is there a way to designate alternate .ini files for NTP?
        >
        > --tiptoebasoon
        >
        > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "dave" <dmc43959@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Hi
        >> you can have multiple favorite files though why not
        > favorite.Fr,favorite.fvr
        >> same folder.
        >> THANKYOU DAVE M

      • Alec Burgess(g)
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2006
          Tiptoe:
          I've been following the multiple solutions proposed to your multiple
          favorites folders question with interest and if you still haven't come up
          with something satisfactory I thought I offers something a little off the
          wall ...

          say you have manually create three folders in your notetab program files
          folder (ie. C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro) say
          C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Favs1, C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Favs2,
          C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Favs3 then use a set of batch files which
          before starting notetab delete all the contents of the real C:\Program
          Files\NoteTab Pro\Favorites and then copy all the files in C:\Program
          Files\NoteTab Pro\Favs1,2, or 3 to it. Upon exit from Notetab your batch
          file should copy the contents of the real Favorites folder back to
          Favs1,2,or3 (in case you changed Favorites from within Notetab)

          Downside: you can only invoke one of these at a time (and if Notetab or your
          system crashes you might have to do some cleanup to restore a "correct"
          Favorites folder.

          If you're using Win2K or WinXP (ie not Win9x) and NTFS file system (ie. not
          FAT32) you might be able to use sym-links (ie. before starting Notetab have
          your batch file change the real Favorites folder point to one of your
          Favs1,2,or3)

          see Sysinternals free program Junction
          http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Junction.html for how to accomplish
          this.

          Note any further discussion of this *very* offtopic should be targeted to
          the Notetab off-topic list (to which I've copied this)
          ntb-offTopic@yahoogroups.com join at

          Regards ... Alec
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 7, 2006
            Alec, thanks for posting... not off-the-wall, on-target!

            After learning there wasn't a way to designate alternate Favorites
            folders within NTP, I had decided to make a set of macros to rename
            the folders, but wasn't quite sure how to accomplish the name-
            shuffling. Your post clued me into the method of deleting the files in
            Favorites and copying in a new set. So Thanks.

            I'm also looking at 'Junction' to see if I can make any sense of it.

            --tiptoebasoon
            clicking notetabs daily since super 2.63