Re: [NTB] multiple favorite folders

  • Alec Burgess(g)
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2006
      Hi Tiptoe:
      From Help-CommandLine parameters:
      >>/F=FavoritesFileName Specify an alternative Favorites list file name
      (without extension or path). The file name must follow the equal sign. Do
      not use any spaces before or after the equal. Favorites lists must be in the
      Favorites subfolder. If the file does not exist, it will be created. If you
      want the files in the list to open automatically on startup, make sure you
      check the Auto Load Favorites option in the Options dialog box.
      <<
      Regards ... Alec
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2006
        Thanks for the response, Alec.

        AFAICT what you describe works to set a particular .fvr file as
        default when NTP starts up, but not to load a different set of
        multiple .fvr files, which is what I'm thinking about. Any way
        perhaps to point to a different Favorites folder with the .ini file?

        Also, is there a way to increase the length of the dropdown menu of
        Favorites in Quick List, so I don't have to scroll the contents?

        Tiptoe

        =======================

        Hi Tiptoe:

        >From Help-CommandLine parameters:

        name

        (without extension or path). The file name must follow the equal
        sign. Do not use any spaces before or after the equal. Favorites
        lists must be in the Favorites subfolder. If the file does not exist,
        it will be created. If you want the files in the list to open
        automatically on startup, make sure you check the Auto Load Favorites
        option in the Options dialog box.
        <<
        Regards ... Alec

        >> I've made a couple sets of favorites for big projects, and I can
        >> choose which to load by changing which folder is named 'Favorites';
        >> but is it possible to specify alternative folders of favorites,
        which
        >> could be loaded, with say, different shortcuts?
      • dave
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2006
          Hi
          you can have multiple favorite files though why not favorite.Fr,favorite.fvr
          same folder.
          THANKYOU DAVE M

          > I've made a couple sets of favorites for big projects, and I can
          > choose which to load by changing which folder is named 'Favorites';
          > but is it possible to specify alternative folders of favorites, which
          > could be loaded, with say, different shortcuts?

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • tiptoebasoon
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2006
            Thanks DAVE

            If you're suggesting that chaining files with comas in the parameter
            might create a discrete set, I found '/F=apples,tangelos' loads all
            favorite files as usual, including apples.fvr and tangelos.fvr, plus
            creates and loads as default 'apples,tangelos.fvr'.

            BTW, is there a way to designate alternate .ini files for NTP?

            --tiptoebasoon

            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "dave" <dmc43959@...> wrote:

            > Hi
            > you can have multiple favorite files though why not
            favorite.Fr,favorite.fvr
            > same folder.
            > THANKYOU DAVE M

          • Alex Plantema
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 4, 2006
              Op donderdag 1 juni 2006 07:23 schreef tiptoebasoon:

              > I've made a couple sets of favorites for big projects, and I can
              > choose which to load by changing which folder is named 'Favorites';
              > but is it possible to specify alternative folders of favorites, which
              > could be loaded, with say, different shortcuts?

              You can create more than one group (category) of favourites using Favorites, Categories, New Category.
              Make the new category the default in order to add files to it.

              You can also create more categories without using Notetab, by putting more than one fvr file in the Favorites folder.

              If you wish to use keyboard shortcuts, you can underline a character in the fvr file name by preceding it with an ampersand (&).
              You can use ampersands in the file names listed in the fvr files as well.

              Alex.