Hyperlink With a Non-Outline Document

  • R Shapp
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2006
      Hello All,

      Is it possible to hyperlink to specific labels within a non-outline document?
      For example, if I have a unique string of characters like "abc5" in a text
      document, is it possible to configure NoteTab to jump to the location of that
      string by double clicking on "[::abc5]" within the document?

      I tried doing exactly what I described, and NoteTab is searching for that
      string, but it is doing so in some other recently opened document. What must
      I do to direct the search to the current document?

      Yes, I could convert the document to an outline with only one header, but
      these documents have other uses, and their file extensions really shouldn't be
      altered.

      Thanks for the help.

      Ray Shapp
      NTPro V4.95
    • loro
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2006
        R Shapp wrote:
        >Is it possible to hyperlink to specific labels within a non-outline document?
        >For example, if I have a unique string of characters like "abc5" in a text
        >document, is it possible to configure NoteTab to jump to the location of that
        >string by double clicking on "[::abc5]" within the document?
        >
        >I tried doing exactly what I described, and NoteTab is searching for that
        >string, but it is doing so in some other recently opened document. What must
        >I do to direct the search to the current document?

        Has the document ever been saved to disk? The document can be "unsaved" as
        in modified, but it must exist as a disk file. The only times I've gotten
        odd error messages are with temp files.

        Lotta
      • R Shapp
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2006
          Hi Lotta,

          <<Has the document ever been saved to disk?>>

          That's it!

          I saved the text file, and now the hyperlink is working perfectly. Many
          thanks!!!

          Ray Shapp