[NTB] Re: How to Add Fixed-Width Fonts

  • fairielogic
    Message 1 of 8 , May 2, 2006
      Thank you. I will definitely be more methodical next time and of
      course will be more patient about seeing my "favorite fonts" when I do
      a reinstall. Just goes to show, I hope, how enthusiastic I am about
      NoteTab Pro that I installed it before Word!

      I thought "A" fonts were Adobe fonts because I know Adobe installs
      some with the "A" icon, but now I'm not sure. I had not installed
      Adobe, so I was puzzled. I eventually realized they had an ".fon"
      extension. So I found descriptions of ".fon" being bitmap or raster
      fonts--which Adobe would need because it's readable across OS
      platforms (and ".ttf" is an extension for Windows fonts.) Now I don't
      know if I'm looking at the chicken or the egg. :)

      Among websites with the defining references on ".fon":
      http://www.procon.com.au/FontsFAQ.htm
      http://cma.zdnet.com/book/visualc/ch13/ch13.htm