hyperlinks

  • greenman3030
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 26, 2006
      Hi,

      I am a new user of Notetab, and still feeling my way around. I plan to
      use it to prepare posts for my blogs. Very often, we need to type in
      hyperlinks like <a href="url">anchor text</a>. Is there a shortcut for
      doing this in Notetab?

      Thanks in advance.
    • Margaret Peloquin
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 26, 2006
        Yes, this is very easy to do in Notetab. I use this everyday. You'll notice
        that one of the libraries on the bottom is HTML. Click on it and it will open
        on the left and you can highlight the text of your link and double-click on
        "hyperlink" on the left and it will provide you with a dialog box to paste or
        type in the link. There is also an email support group that you can join
        devoted to HTML. It is linked from the Notetab site.
        #
        # Join the NoteTab HTML List: for discussing HTML authoring
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-HTML

        I don't belong because I am an old hand at coding, but I've heard that other
        similar groups are very helpful.

        Good luck.

        greenman3030 <enviromen@...> said:

        > Hi,<BR>
        > <BR>
        > I am a new user of Notetab, and still feeling my way around. I plan to<BR>
        > use it to prepare posts for my blogs. Very often, we need to type in<BR>
        > hyperlinks like <a href="url">anchor text</a>. Is
        there a shortcut for<BR>

        href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/</a><BR>
        href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-offtopic/">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-offtopic/</a><BR>
        > Fookes Software: <a href="http://www.fookes.us,">http://www.fookes.us,</a>
        > </tt>
        >
        > <!-- |**|end egp html banner|**| -->
        >

        > <!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->

        > <hr DEFANGED_STYLE="border-bottom:1px; width:500px; text-align:left;">
        > <tt>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS</tt>
        > <ul>
        > <tt><li type=square> Visit your group "<a
        href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/notetab">notetab</a>" on the
        web.<br> </tt>
        > <tt><li type=square> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
        to:<br> <a
        href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">Yahoo! Terms of Service</a>.</tt>

        --
        === Margaret Peloquin, Head Librarian Eastview ===
        === Austin Community College, Austin, Texas ===
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 27, 2006
          > You'll notice that one of the libraries on the bottom is HTML.
          > Click on it and it will open on the left and you can highlight
          > the text of your link and double-click on "hyperlink" on the
          > left and it will provide you with a dialog box to paste or
          > type in the link.

          There's also the two HTML clip bars. Open "View" menu and select "Clipbar".

          And, as it's NoteTab, you can customise everything! Read the Help for
          details!

          Greg
        • greenman3030
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 27, 2006
            Thanks. Tried it. Quite easy to do, but it is not XHTML compliant! the
            A HREF is upper case, not lower case as is required. Eg: <A
            HREF="http://bloggerfordummies.blogspot.com">affiliate</A>

            Any chances this will be changed in an upgrade?

            Peter

            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Margaret Peloquin" <peloquin@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > > <tt>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS</tt>
            > > <ul>
            > > <tt><li type=square> Visit your group "<a
            > href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/notetab">notetab</a>" on the
            > web.<br> </tt>
            > > <tt><li type=square> To unsubscribe from this group, send
            an email
            > to:<br> <a

            > > <tt><li type=square> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject
            to the <a
            > href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">Yahoo! Terms of
            Service</a>.</tt>
            > > </ul>
            > > <hr DEFANGED_STYLE="border-bottom:1px; width:500px;
            text-align:left;">

            > > <!-- |**|end egp html banner|**| -->

            > --
            > === Margaret Peloquin, Head Librarian Eastview ===
            > === Austin Community College, Austin, Texas ===
            > === (512)223-5117 Fax: (512)223-5111 ===

          • Hugo Paulissen
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 27, 2006
              > Thanks. Tried it. Quite easy to do, but it is not XHTML compliant! the
              > A HREF is upper case, not lower case as is required. Eg: <A
              > HREF="http://bloggerfordummies.blogspot.com">affiliate</A>
              >
              > Any chances this will be changed in an upgrade?

              Peter

              No need to, if you go to options - HTML files, you can check create
              XHTML tags.

              HTH,

              Hugo
            • greenman3030
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 27, 2006
                Pretty powerful stuff. Thanks. If I understand you correctly, the tags
                will still be created with Uppercase letters but can be converted to
                lower case by going into option. It is not automatic?

                Peter

                --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo Paulissen" <hugopaulissen@...>
                wrote:

                > > Thanks. Tried it. Quite easy to do, but it is not XHTML compliant! the
                > > A HREF is upper case, not lower case as is required. Eg: <A
                > > HREF="http://bloggerfordummies.blogspot.com">affiliate</A>
                > >
                > > Any chances this will be changed in an upgrade?
                >
                > Peter
                >
                > No need to, if you go to options - HTML files, you can check create
                > XHTML tags.
                >
                > HTH,
                >
                > Hugo

              • John Zeman
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 27, 2006
                  --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "greenman3030" <enviromen@...> wrote:

                  > Pretty powerful stuff. Thanks. If I understand you correctly, the tags
                  > will still be created with Uppercase letters but can be converted to
                  > lower case by going into option. It is not automatic?

                  Goto OPTIONS/HTML FILES
                  And uncheck CREATE UPPERCASE TAGS.

                  Or edit any of the clips you use to insert the text case you want.

                  John
                • Don - htmlfixit.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 27, 2006
                    > There's also the two HTML clip bars. Open "View" menu and select "Clipbar".

                    Clipbars are one of the huge advantage of having pro version. They are
                    not present in light before some spend too much time looking for them :-)
                  • Don - htmlfixit.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 27, 2006
                      > No need to, if you go to options - HTML files, you can check create
                      > XHTML tags.

                      Options is under "view" on the toolbar by the way. There is also under
                      the document/modify/change html tags/to xhtml ... slick as can be.

                      Further html discussion should probably go to that list.
                    • Margaret Peloquin
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 27, 2006
                        If you'll notice on the same HTML option screen, there is a checkbox for
                        lowercase tags. Notetab is very powerful and you can set it up to your
                        own preferences fairly easily.

                        greenman3030 wrote:
                        > Pretty powerful stuff. Thanks. If I understand you correctly, the tags
                        > will still be created with Uppercase letters but can be converted to
                        > lower case by going into option. It is not automatic?
                        >
                        > Peter
                        >
                        > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo Paulissen" <hugopaulissen@...>
                        > wrote:
                        > >

                        > > > Thanks. Tried it. Quite easy to do, but it is not XHTML compliant! the
                        > > > A HREF is upper case, not lower case as is required. Eg: <A
                        > > > HREF="http://bloggerfordummies.blogspot.com">affiliate</A>
                        > > >
                        > > > Any chances this will be changed in an upgrade?
                        > >
                        > > Peter
                        > >
                        > > No need to, if you go to options - HTML files, you can check create
                        > > XHTML tags.
                        > >
                        > > HTH,
                        > >
                        > > Hugo

                        Margaret Peloquin, Head Librarian / EVC
                        Austin Community College
                        3401 Webberville Rd, Austin, Texas 78702
                        512.223.5117 // Fax: 512.223.5111
                        peloquin@... // http://library.austincc.edu

                      • Don - htmlfixit.com
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 27, 2006
                          greenman3030 wrote:
                          > Pretty powerful stuff. Thanks. If I understand you correctly, the tags
                          > will still be created with Uppercase letters but can be converted to
                          > lower case by going into option. It is not automatic?

                          No it can be automatic.
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 29, 2006
                            Hi mapsonx,

                            >I am a new user of Notetab, and still feeling my way around. I plan to
                            >use it to prepare posts for my blogs. Very often, we need to type in
                            >hyperlinks like <a href="url">anchor text</a>. Is there a shortcut for
                            >doing this in Notetab?

                            It would be best for you to ask that on the NoteTab and HTML list
                            or the Clips list. (Yes, there's a few ways of doing what you
                            want with Clips, from the Clipbar, from the Quick List...)

                            Discussion mailing list subscribing and unsubscribing:
                            http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

                            You may sign up for the different Fookes Software discussion mailing
                            lists from either of the links below. Please take a minute or so and
                            read this. There are many lists and your help in posting messages
                            properly to the different lists is greatly appreciated.

                            _Please_ read the following to see what list to send messages to and
                            some basic guidelines to follow. It is very important to keep the
                            lists running efficiently, getting faster replies, getting replies
                            from the best qualified/expert people, searching archives, and other
                            things as well.

                            - Use a descriptive Subject: line to begin with! This is important!
                            Newbie Needs Help and similar Subject lines should be changed
                            immediately to an appropriate Subject such as:

                            Files Keep Opening When I Open NoteTab (was Re: [NTB] Newbie Needs Help)
                            Basic Help With Web Pages (was Re: [NTB] Help)
                            Need Clip to Reformat HTML <head>...</head> (was Re: [Clip] Need Clip)

                            - Messages should be referred/redirected to the appropriate lists such as
                            Clip questions to the Clips list, HTML to the ntb-HTML list. You can Cc:
                            the sender of a Clips question and send your reply to the Clips list. Or,
                            Reply and Cc: the Clips list stating you will Reply on the Clips list.

                            - Delete text from your replies that is not needed to understand your
                            reply - strip footers, and extra text that is not needed.

                            - If the content of the messages change drastically from the Subject
                            line, please change the Subject line or start a new Subject with
                            the same message body of the last message received that you are
                            replying to and changing the Subject. Don't forget to leave
                            the original Subject in like: Re: [NH] Frames Using CSS (was How do
                            I blockquote?) for people that are using filters and so the same
                            message thread can be followed easier.

                            - Discussion of software other than Fookes Software is only allowed
                            on the Off-Topic list and encouraged! Feel free to recommend
                            competitive software on the Off-Topic list as well. When replying
                            say from the Basic List and it needs to go to the Clips list,
                            then send it there and copy the poster in a private message to
                            the person you are wanting to help letting them know you moved it
                            to the Clips list. They can sign up for it via the bottom of
                            every [NTB] message or go to http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

                            - Keep the conversation clean; all age groups are on the list and
                            cussing/cursing offends many people! TIA :)

                            + WHICH LIST to post on???

                            Clips or Scripts list for them.

                            discussion takes place on the ntb-OffTopic list. The Aid4Mail,
                            MailBag Assistant, Easy Thumbnails, Easy Imager, and Album Express
                            lists are for discussion of those programs.

                            Discussion mailing list subscribing and unsubscribing:
                            http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

                            lists.

                            Happy HTML'n!

                            http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail