Re: [NTB] Any way to turn off Max Paragraph length?

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2006
      Hi Perry,

      >I was recently working with an SQL file which had entries that
      >exceeded NoteTab's 32767 byte paragraph limit. Is there any way
      >around this? I need to do some Regex Find and Replace functions
      >on this file whihc I can't do in Notepad.

      No, that is a fixed maximum amount; you can only lessen it. Some
      users buy Std or simply install NoteTab Light for free to get
      around that issue. It is an input control issue. If you use Light
      with RegExp on files where there is a lot or editing to do or in
      Search Disk with a lot of files to edit with lots of editing to
      be done, Std may get the not responding message on the TitleBar
      and act as if it locked up. Just let it run and it should
      eventually finish. If you get RegExp error messages and you know
      your code is correct, try breaking it down into smaller
      expressions and don't cross over line breaks. The RegExp engine
      used has a few bugs deep in the code and Eric said that he won't
      be doing anymore work to it.

      The (hopefully) good news is we should be switching to a better
      RegExp engine in v5 which we are beta testing now. We are still
      mostly fixing the bugs that were created when Eric upgraded the
      program code to a newer version. Once we get those fixed we'll
      start on other known bugs and add some easy to implement new
      features along with the new RegExp engine, most likely, but don't
      hold us to that if Eric changes his mind and does not add the new
      RegExp. It was a "yes" that we are going to add the new RegExp
      engine last time it was mentioned. ;)

      Happy Tab'n,