Re: Using find and replace within selected text only

  • Website Managers
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 22, 2006
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Prince <neutrino1@...> wrote:

      > On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 01:37:01 +0200, you wrote:
      >
      > >Daniel Prince wrote:
      > >>Is it possible to use find and replace to replace all
      occurrences of
      > >>text within selected text only? I thought it was but now I can
      not
      > >>seem to figure out how to do it. Maybe I am thinking of a
      different
      > >>program.
      > >
      > >Yeah, Notetab does that automatically if you click on "Replace
      All" and
      > >text is selected. If you use "Find Next" it will start with the
      selected
      > >text but continue beyond it.
      > >
      > >I have Pro, but I think Standard is the same.
      > >
      > >Lotta
      >
      > I was reluctant to try that because I did not want NTS to go
      sailing
      > through my document and making changes I did not want.
      >
      > Maybe when text is selected NT should change the "Replace All"
      > button with a "Replace All in selection" button.

      When you want to restrict the replacement to a certain area, you can
      copy the selected area into a new document, do your replacements and
      copy it back to the original doument.

      It may appear to be a bit tedious if you have a large area with many
      replacements, but you can make sure that nothing outside that area
      is touched. I use this method often and it is usually done within a
      few seconds.

      Jim