Re: [NTB] Turn off Sounds in NoteTab?

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 21, 2006
      Hi Amanda,

      There are about four different places in NoteTab | View | Options
      that you can "kill" most of them. The beep.wav sound though, is
      more of a Windows thing I believe. We're working on a beta now,
      but still fixing bugs introduce by upgrading program files (and
      some minor bugs along the way of bugs that are in 4.95 and
      earlier. When we get to fixing old bugs, maybe Eric can find a
      way to turn that off and add an option for it. I saw a work-
      around on one of the lists that will get rid of the sound, but it
      is a global issue meaning any program that uses that sound
      including ones you might want like an important error.

      If you need to discuss or get more help for the following, *please
      sign up for the ntb-OffTopic list.* (See yahoogroups footer of every
      [NTB] message.) If you go to Windows | System32 and open the
      sndrec32.exe file (or another wav file editor) you can make a
      NoSound.wav or maybe you have to do a Beep.wav (Windows existing
      file) and turn the sound all the way off in it. That way, the
      file will still be executed, but no sound will be heard. I think
      you have to edit the actual Beep.wav sound though, because I
      don't think there is a place in Windows | Control Panel | Sound
      to change the file being used.

      >How to I turn off sounds in NoteTab? I have all sounds turned
      >off in Windows Control Panel but NoteTab beeps when I try to
      >close a file without saving it. I like the "Save Changes
      >To....?" dialog box but not the sound. If I'm in a meeting and
      >forget to mute my speaker, it can be distracting. The only
      >sounds I like my pc to make are when I'm listening to music or a
      >video. :-)

      Happy Topics,
      Jody

      The NoteTab Off-Topic List