Re: Php and text highlighting

  • Chuck Anderson
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2006
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "lm_hamilton" <lmh@...> wrote:

      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Anderson" <hairtwoday@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Are there any other Php users out there that have found a way to get
      > > text-highlighting to behave when authoring Php. I am happy with the
      > > way it works in most cases, but >'s can throw the highlighting off. I
      > > have resorted to adding comments into my Php (e.g., //<n) to get
      > > highlighting to revert back to what it should be.
      >
      > Chuck,
      >
      > If all you want is HTML highlighting of a file with the php extension,
      > you can add php, php3, phtml, etc. to the recognized HTML files.

      Thanks.

      Yes. I'm already doing that. I mix Php and HTML in the same file,
      and usually the highlighting works ok.

      > If you want to use NoteTab to generate a file with true PHP syntax
      > highlighting, I created a clip to send a file to the default web
      > browser and display the PHP source code with PHP syntax highlighting.
      > Note: This clip requires that you have PHP installed. It also has the
      > path to PHP hard-coded, so it may require editing for your system.
      >
      > You can find that clip on my NoteTab Clips page here:
      >
      > http://kairoscomputers.com/notetab/notetab.php
      >
      > It is the first clip on the page, and is called "PHP Syntax
      Highlighting".

      > I also have a page with PHP tips:
      >
      > http://kairoscomputers.com/notetab/phptips.php

      Interesting ... using the built-in Php highlighting. I've played with
      a that a bit myself.

      It is within the editor that I want to have highlighting function
      correctly. Perhaps I am just begging the question - when could I
      really expect to see version 5 (if at all)?

      Chuck