RE: [NTB] Cannot edit .txt or .html file transferred from Nokia 9500

  • John Wallace
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 17, 2006
      I think it's probably still being viewed as being on the other computer, therefore 'read-only'.
      On the computer you want to work with it, use 'save as' in Notetab then work on that file.

      Subject: Re: [NTB] Cannot edit .txt or .html file transferred from Nokia 9500

      Martin ONeill wrote:

      > When I export a text or html file from Projekt on my Nokia 9500 and
      > then transfer it to my Pc via Bluetooth, I find that I can open, but
      > not edit the file using NoteTab. All of the second level menu options
      > under Modify are greyed out.
      >
      > I can copy the text and paste it into a new document, where I then
      > edit it. However, I can open and edit the exported files using a
      > number of other text editors, so I can see that the exported file is
      > not locked in any way.

      The file probably contains binary data. Such a file cannot be edited and saved meaningfully with a text editor.
      To protect you from errors Notetab doesn't allow you to edit it.
      If you're sure it only contains plain text, you can edit it after clicking Document, Read-Only.

      Alex.