can notepad upload files onto server?

  • mjhsydney
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 14, 2006
      i am very new at this website building and so i have heaps of basic
      questions:
      i bought a program that has zip files of different topics for you to
      download and use to build complete adsense-content websites. all the
      html coding/ads etc have been written and is saved in php files in the
      folder.
      quest 1: do i need to use notepad to edit these files with all the
      coding or do i just use the ftp uploader to put them straight onto the
      server?
      quest 2: the site does say that i have to customize the website by
      using a notepad to change the default code

      (i have tried to get support from the site but after 10 emails by me
      with no reply - i am at a loss...)

      i really hope that i have made sense....
      thankyou
    • fw7oaks
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 15, 2006
        From the information you've given I suspect that you need to do three
        things.

        A) un-pack the zip files,

        B) customize the files (edit, filling the blanks space in the templates)
        so that they have 'your' info in them

        C) upload to the server,

        There's a fourth stage, worry when nothing works as it should, this
        normally due to problems with links being incorrect. However, let's worry
        about that after you have edited the templates to make 'your' site from
        the generic masters and uploaded to the server.

        --fw

        --- mjhsydney <mjhsydney@...> wrote:

        > i am very new at this website building and so i have heaps of basic
        > questions:
        > i bought a program that has zip files of different topics for you to
        > download and use to build complete adsense-content websites. all the
        > html coding/ads etc have been written and is saved in php files in the
        > folder.
        > quest 1: do i need to use notepad to edit these files with all the
        > coding or do i just use the ftp uploader to put them straight onto the
        > server?
        > quest 2: the site does say that i have to customize the website by
        > using a notepad to change the default code
        >
        > (i have tried to get support from the site but after 10 emails by me
        > with no reply - i am at a loss...)
        >
        > i really hope that i have made sense....
        > thankyou

      • mjhsydney
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 16, 2006
          thankyou for your help with my questions
          i have un-zipped the files. but i haven't yet customized the files
          which is the part that is freaking me out as the file has 100's of
          pages (files) and i thought i was just needing to upload all these
          files onto the server and it would be finished??? but you have
          pointed out the step that i should have been doing.... thanks heaps
          as well as editing the files with the ads - do i need to format the
          ads so that they sit on different parts of the page?
          also, i need to add the website template/design - is this correct?
          thankyou again for your help :)

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, fw7oaks <fw7oaks@...> wrote:

          > From the information you've given I suspect that you need to do
          three
          > things.
          >
          > A) un-pack the zip files,
          >
          > B) customize the files (edit, filling the blanks space in the
          templates)
          > so that they have 'your' info in them
          >
          > C) upload to the server,
          >
          > There's a fourth stage, worry when nothing works as it should, this
          > normally due to problems with links being incorrect. However,
          let's worry
          > about that after you have edited the templates to make 'your' site
          from
          > the generic masters and uploaded to the server.
          >
          > --fw
          >
          > --- mjhsydney <mjhsydney@...> wrote:
          >
          > > i am very new at this website building and so i have heaps of
          basic
          > > questions:
          > > i bought a program that has zip files of different topics for
          you to
          > > download and use to build complete adsense-content websites. all
          the
          > > html coding/ads etc have been written and is saved in php files
          in the
          > > folder.
          > > quest 1: do i need to use notepad to edit these files with all
          the
          > > coding or do i just use the ftp uploader to put them straight
          onto the
          > > server?
          > > quest 2: the site does say that i have to customize the website
          by
          > > using a notepad to change the default code
          > >
          > > (i have tried to get support from the site but after 10 emails
          by me
          > > with no reply - i am at a loss...)
          > >
          > > i really hope that i have made sense....
          > > thankyou

        • fw7oaks
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 16, 2006
            Since this isn't really a Notetab problem I took the liberty of forwarding
            the question to the 'Off-Topic' list where I have replied.

            If your are not a member of the 'Off-Topic' Group here's the link to join

            ntb-OffTopic-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

            I trust/hope that you & Jody will approve with this course of action.

            --fw