Re: Php and text highlighting

  • lm_hamilton
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 13, 2006
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Anderson" <hairtwoday@...> wrote:

      > Are there any other Php users out there that have found a way to get
      > text-highlighting to behave when authoring Php. I am happy with the
      > way it works in most cases, but >'s can throw the highlighting off. I
      > have resorted to adding comments into my Php (e.g., //<n) to get
      > highlighting to revert back to what it should be.

      Chuck,

      If all you want is HTML highlighting of a file with the php extension,
      you can add php, php3, phtml, etc. to the recognized HTML files.

      Go to View > Options

      Click the HTML Files tab.

      Put in the desired extension and click Add.

      If you want to use NoteTab to generate a file with true PHP syntax
      highlighting, I created a clip to send a file to the default web
      browser and display the PHP source code with PHP syntax highlighting.
      Note: This clip requires that you have PHP installed. It also has the
      path to PHP hard-coded, so it may require editing for your system.

      You can find that clip on my NoteTab Clips page here:

      http://kairoscomputers.com/notetab/notetab.php

      It is the first clip on the page, and is called "PHP Syntax Highlighting".

      I also have a page with PHP tips:

      http://kairoscomputers.com/notetab/phptips.php

      For more discussion of clips, see the NoteTab Clips list:

      Larry Hamilton
      Kairos Computer Solutions
      http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
      Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus
    • Chuck Anderson
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17, 2006
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "lm_hamilton" <lmh@...> wrote:

        > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Anderson" <hairtwoday@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Are there any other Php users out there that have found a way to get
        > > text-highlighting to behave when authoring Php. I am happy with the
        > > way it works in most cases, but >'s can throw the highlighting off. I
        > > have resorted to adding comments into my Php (e.g., //<n) to get
        > > highlighting to revert back to what it should be.
        >
        > Chuck,
        >
        > If all you want is HTML highlighting of a file with the php extension,
        > you can add php, php3, phtml, etc. to the recognized HTML files.

        Thanks.

        Yes. I'm already doing that. I mix Php and HTML in the same file,
        and usually the highlighting works ok.

        > If you want to use NoteTab to generate a file with true PHP syntax
        > highlighting, I created a clip to send a file to the default web
        > browser and display the PHP source code with PHP syntax highlighting.
        > Note: This clip requires that you have PHP installed. It also has the
        > path to PHP hard-coded, so it may require editing for your system.
        >
        > You can find that clip on my NoteTab Clips page here:
        >
        > http://kairoscomputers.com/notetab/notetab.php
        >
        > It is the first clip on the page, and is called "PHP Syntax
        Highlighting".

        > I also have a page with PHP tips:
        >
        > http://kairoscomputers.com/notetab/phptips.php

        Interesting ... using the built-in Php highlighting. I've played with
        a that a bit myself.

        It is within the editor that I want to have highlighting function
        correctly. Perhaps I am just begging the question - when could I
        really expect to see version 5 (if at all)?

        Chuck