Brand New User

  • Timothy J. Hayes, Psy.D.
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 12, 2006
      Help!

      I am looking for resources to understand what notetab is and how to
      start using it.

      I have only used word processors in the past. I tend to be good at
      learning programs intuitively. I don't yet have a grasp of what
      notetab does and how to use it.

      I have a friend who strongly recommends that I learn the program so
      that I can help him refine some of his clip libraries.

      Where do I start to understand this program?

      Is there a tutorial?

      Thanks in advance for any help.
    • Gerry Fisher
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 12, 2006
        Tim,
        First you should download and install the NoteTAB Free edition. Then Start by examining the included extensive help file. It covers most of the things need to get you started. It also contains many references to outside sources for additional information. Secondly, you should spent some time on the NoteTab website as it also is a source for much additional information and help in learning the ins-&-outs of NoteTAB.
        Hope this helps--Joining the GROUP was a good first step.
        gf

        "Timothy J. Hayes, Psy.D." <timothj1@...> wrote: Help!

        I am looking for resources to understand what notetab is and how to
        start using it.

        I have only used word processors in the past. I tend to be good at
        learning programs intuitively. I don't yet have a grasp of what
        notetab does and how to use it.

        I have a friend who strongly recommends that I learn the program so
        that I can help him refine some of his clip libraries.

        Where do I start to understand this program?

        Is there a tutorial?

        Thanks in advance for any help.

        ---------------------------------

      • rpdooling
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 12, 2006
          Tim,

          NoteTab Help is thorough and will give you plenty to do. First do the
          Introduction (under Help Topics), then read the ReadMe (under Help)
          and then when you are ready, move on to Help On Clip Programming.

          Jody Adair has a large tutorial on clip programming but if you are
          just beginning, you can keep yourself busy for a day or two just
          playing with the program and reading through the excellent Help
          sections. They are not your typical vague guidelines that come with
          most programs. They're quite specific and will get you up and running
          in no time.

          Then come back here and by then someone will have provided a link
          where you can download the big tutorial on clip programming.

          Hope that helps,

          Rick

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Timothy J. Hayes, Psy.D."
          <timothj1@...> wrote:

          > Help!
          >
          > I am looking for resources to understand what notetab is and how to
          > start using it.
          >
          > I have only used word processors in the past. I tend to be good at
          > learning programs intuitively. I don't yet have a grasp of what
          > notetab does and how to use it.
          >
          > I have a friend who strongly recommends that I learn the program so
          > that I can help him refine some of his clip libraries.
          >
          > Where do I start to understand this program?
          >
          > Is there a tutorial?
          >
          > Thanks in advance for any help.

        • Don - htmlfixit.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 12, 2006
            Timothy J. Hayes, Psy.D. wrote:
            > Help!
            >
            > I am looking for resources to understand what notetab is and how to
            > start using it.
            The help files (there are two) are a good starting point.

            > I have only used word processors in the past. I tend to be good at
            > learning programs intuitively. I don't yet have a grasp of what
            > notetab does and how to use it.
            Notetab is a text editor. You can use it for all sorts of things. I
            tend to use it for coding html, css, perl, php etc. It unfortunately
            does not have syntax highlighting as soon as you leave html. I also use
            it to manipulate all manner of delimited files, calculate numbers and
            things, etc.

            > I have a friend who strongly recommends that I learn the program so
            > that I can help him refine some of his clip libraries.
            Yes you will want to join the clips list (see the notetab.com site) and
            watch the discussion over there. It has been quiet of late, but it
            comes in runs.

            > Where do I start to understand this program?
            Yes there is a tutorial. Look for the clipclass.zip on Jody's notetab
            site. I think it might be notetab.net, and it is probably mentioned on
            the notetab.com site as well. I don't do outlines, but I understand
            this program does those in a magnificent way as well.

            > Is there a tutorial?
            >
            > Thanks in advance for any help.

            Welcome!