input attributes

  • Kerry Coates
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10 8:36 PM
      My webpages won't validate because the following code does not have an "id"
      attribute.

      <input type="text" name="keys" size="30">

      I went to the validator website that is referenced and searched all around
      and I can't figure out how to add an "id" attribute that will validate.
      Can anyone help me? The validation message that I get on this code is

      "The "input" tag does not have an "id" attribute which must be used to
      explicitly associate this control with a "label" element. When electronic
      forms are designed to be completed online, the form shall allow people using
      assistive technology to access the information, field elements, and
      functionality required for completion and submission of the form, including
      all directions and cues [Section 1194.22 (n)]. Information attached to
      controls via the "label" element can be very useful to users of talking
      browsers. Note that "id" and "for" values are case sensitive. Visit
      http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-HTML-TECHS/#forms-labels for more information. "

      Thank you all!!!

      Kerry Coates
      Visit all my websites!
      http://www.GilaMountainDulcimers.com
      http://www.Amazing-Health-Products.com
      http://www.GamblingStrategyCards.com
      http://www.CharroCoats.com
      http://www.PaulCoatesGuitar.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10 11:29 PM
        Hi Kerry,

        You might have much better results posting over on the NoteTab
        and HTML list. http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm You can also try
        my online validator using CSE Validator Lite which is a
        sup[ported third party product for NoteTab. I makes a Clips book
        of all the errors, warnings, messages, etc. and you can click in
        the Clips to get to the exact line of code in question. There is
        a download for the freeware version at the bottom of every ntb-
        HTML@yahoogroups.com message. I thing it is a version behind
        right now, so I'm waiting for the beta to be released as full
        version before I upgrade the download. It still works fine. You
        just install it where you want when NoteTab is closed, then use
        the Tools | Validate HTML feature. You can change the Shortcut
        to whatever you want in Shortcuts.dat file. (Reference Help for
        that. I use Alt+Z myself. <g> Oh, go to http://www.notetab.net
        to try out the online validator.

        >My webpages won't validate because the following code does not
        >have an "id" attribute.
        >
        ><input type="text" name="keys" size="30">
        >
        >I went to the validator website that is referenced and searched
        >all around and I can't figure out how to add an "id" attribute
        >that will validate. Can anyone help me? The validation message
        >that I get on this code is
        >
        >"The "input" tag does not have an "id" attribute which must be
        >used to explicitly associate this control with a "label" element.
        >When electronic forms are designed to be completed online, the
        >form shall allow people using assistive technology to access the
        >information, field elements, and functionality required for
        >completion and submission of the form, including all directions
        >and cues [Section 1194.22 (n)]. Information attached to controls
        >via the "label" element can be very useful to users of talking
        >browsers. Note that "id" and "for" values are case sensitive.
        >Visit http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-HTML-TECHS/#forms-labels for
        >more information. "
        >
        > Thank you all!!!
        >
        >Kerry Coates
        >Visit all my websites!
        >http://www.GilaMountainDulcimers.com
        >http://www.Amazing-Health-Products.com
        >http://www.GamblingStrategyCards.com
        >http://www.CharroCoats.com
        >http://www.PaulCoatesGuitar.com

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        Happy Tab'n,

      • Kerry Coates
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 11 1:09 AM
          Sorry, Judy, I thought I was on the right list. I will go over there.
          I am using CSE Validator Standard. I copied the clip in the last e-mail
          I sent so everyone could read it and make some sense of it to me. The clip
          was of no use to me since I did not understand it.
          Thanks for your help though!