notepad pro not storing settings

  • gilray4
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9, 2006
      I have been following this thread because it exactly describes an
      issue I just encountered and have not been able to resolve. I am
      running notepad pro on win-xp in a user account and it will not
      remember that I have chosen no back ups. It still makes .bak files
      everywhere I go. It is quite frustrating as I can't seem to resolve
      it. Full admin permissions to the user account makes no difference!
      I hope someone can spill the "resolution" beans :(
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9, 2006
        Hi gilray4,

        Try going to NoteTab | View | Options | Advanced and check the
        box to store the settings in the system registry. Other than that,
        see my post on the other thread...

        Re: [NTB] Settings not updated in XP limited user accounts

        >I have been following this thread because it exactly describes an
        >issue I just encountered and have not been able to resolve...

        Happy Tab'n,

      • Don Daugherty
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 14, 2006
          Re: [NTB] Settings not updated in XP limited user accounts

          An alternative that I think ought to work is to NOT try to use the
          registry, but instead use an ini-file that is stored in a folder for
          which you have full rights. If you can get a copy of the regular
          Notetab.ini or NotePro.ini file and save it to your own folder, then you
          can use it, as follows:
          Edit the short-cut used to start NoteTab (create a new one, if you can't
          change the one you were using) to specify the new ini file,
          as documented in Help under Command-line Parameters. For example, I
          have a short-cut in my launch tray whose properties show the following
          Target:

          "D:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\NotePro.exe" /ini="d:\Program
          Files\NoteTab Pro\DgdPro"

          I could edit this to give the ini file a different path and filename.

          The only limitation that I can see to this approach, is that "file
          associations" would still use the default ini file when you double-click
          on such a filename in Explorer or other file manager.