Re: [NTB] Trouble with NoteTab Light flaw

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 8 6:10 PM
      RAM usage and the size of your himemsys usage, i type faster than mine
      can keep-up.

      Cloudchaser Benjamin Shaconage wrote:

      >Hello :-)
      >
      >I have sent e-mail to support "at" fookes.com and have not got a
      >response, so I decided to try here.
      >
      >I have NoteTab Light 4.95 and WinXP Pro. It's not uncommon for me to
      >be typing something in NoteTab and the cursor 'll stop moving nor will
      >it respond to the arrow keys and anything I try to type appears in a
      >random spot several lines down from where the cursor is.
      >
      >What causes this problem and what can I do to fix it? I tried a clean
      >install, which is uninstalling using add/remove programs and running a
      >just downloaded install file and that didn't work. Even when I had my
      >HD wiped for unrelated reasons and WinXP Home that my comp came with
      >replaced with WinXP Pro and I reinstalled NoteTab, the problem still
      >happens.
      >
      >Other than that annoying problem, NoteTab Light works flawlessly
      >
      >Thanx in advance :-)
      >
      >Take care :-)
      >
      >Cloudchaser

    • dave
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 9 8:35 AM
        Hi
        A few thoughts
        do you have enough ram everything goes to ram first
        how many clipbooks do you have each takes memory
        do you have any other programs running in the back ground as well
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 9 5:30 PM
          Hi Cloudchaser,

          >A few thoughts do you have enough ram everything goes to ram
          >first how many clipbooks do you have each takes memory do you
          >have any other programs running in the back ground as well
          > THANKYOU DAVE M

          >> I have sent e-mail to support "at" fookes.com and have not got a
          >> response, so I decided to try here.

          We do not support our freeware although I send a reply to all the
          mail I get, even if it is to send a few comments or to say to ask
          on the lists. If we do comments we do ask to use the lists
          because we don't support our freeware. ;) Dave is on the right
          path with his reply above.

          The only other reason would be a corrupt, missing, or wrong
          version of riched32.dll found in the Windows System folder. Since
          you have tried on a new install though, then that is probably not
          the problem unless you installed a program first that messed with
          that file.

          It is more likely to be a memory thing though, especially if you
          have a lot of files open in NoteTab and even more so with large
          files. To run properly, NoteTab (perhaps only Std/Light) need at
          least twice the amount of free RAM as it does file size loaded.

          >> I have NoteTab Light 4.95 and WinXP Pro. It's not uncommon for me to
          >> be typing something in NoteTab and the cursor 'll stop moving nor will
          >> it respond to the arrow keys and anything I try to type appears in a
          >> random spot several lines down from where the cursor is.
          >>
          >> What causes this problem and what can I do to fix it? I tried a clean
          >> install, which is uninstalling using add/remove programs and running a
          >> just downloaded install file and that didn't work. Even when I had my
          >> HD wiped for unrelated reasons and WinXP Home that my comp came with
          >> replaced with WinXP Pro and I reinstalled NoteTab, the problem still
          >> happens.

          Happy Tab'n,

        • Cloudchaser Shaconage
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 9 5:34 PM
            >From: "dave" <dmc43959@...>
            >
            >Hi
            >A few thoughts
            >do you have enough ram everything goes to ram first

            512M at 266mhz. If it helps, my processor is a 1.6G Pentium 4

            >how many clipbooks do you have each takes memory

            None. Just the occasional average highlight ctrl+c

            >do you have any other programs running in the back ground as well

            At any given time, I'll have NoteTab, Opera browser and Windows Explorer
            open and may also have Winamp or Windows Media playing an mp3 I'll always
            have Spybot, Microsoft Antispyware, Adaware, weather bug, Stopzilla and if
            I'm on dialup, SlipStream. When I first noticed the problem happening, I
            only had Spybot

            > THANKYOU DAVE M

            Yer welcome :-)

            Take care! �Hope to hear from you soon! �Wuff!

            Cloudchaser Benjamin Shaconage, a chocolate, peanut butter, pizza &
            anthrovixen lovin' Rainbow Wolf

          • Brian Mailman
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 9 5:47 PM
              Cloudchaser Shaconage wrote:

              > At any given time, I'll have NoteTab, Opera browser and Windows Explorer
              > open and may also have Winamp or Windows Media playing an mp3 I'll always
              > have Spybot, Microsoft Antispyware, Adaware, weather bug, Stopzilla and if
              > I'm on dialup, SlipStream. When I first noticed the problem happening, I
              > only had Spybot

              Well, check your Startup folder and see what else you have set up to
              run. And alt-ctrl-delete to call up Task Manager and look at the
              Applications, Processes, and Performance tabs to check what's using up
              your memory.

              I think this may be approaching the Offtopic list....

              B/
            • Cloudchaser Shaconage
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 9 6:17 PM
                >From: Brian Mailman <bmailman@...>
                >Well, check your Startup folder and see what else you have set up to
                >run.

                Type32 (usb keyboard), stopzilla, vptray, Online eye (an internet
                speedometer), vcheck (checks for new versions of Online eye), gcasserv
                (Microsoft antispyware), ccapp (Symantec anti virus), AdMunch(er) and
                TeaTimer (Spybot)

                >And alt-ctrl-delete to call up Task Manager and look at the
                >Applications,

                Opera, NoteTab Light, Windows Explorer and Winamp

                >Processes,
                >and Performance tabs to check what's using up
                >your memory.

                *decides a screenshot showing both would be easiest*
                http://www.cloudchasershaconage.furtopia.org/temporary1/processes.jpg

                >I think this may be approaching the Offtopic list....

                Where's that at?

                Take care :-)

                Cloudchaser

              • Brian Mailman
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 9 7:00 PM
                  Cloudchaser Shaconage wrote:

                  >>I think this may be approaching the Offtopic list....
                  >
                  > Where's that at?

                  <points downwards at the footers>

                  B/