Settings not updated in XP limited user accounts

  • David Ash
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8 10:48 AM
      This has been raised on and off, I know, but I'm not sure I've seen
      anything that really clinches the issue.

      I recently moved NoteTab Pro to a new computer which runs Windows XP Media
      Center Edition SP2. NTP had been running just fine under Windows 2000.
      Now, in the limited user account I normally work in, I can't get NTP to
      write changes to the two settings files, NotePro.ini and NotePro.fpr.
      I've tried the obvious, like granting full permissions to all users of the
      NoteTab Pro folder in C:\Program Files. That certainly gives me access to
      the settings files should I want to make changes manually, but of course I
      want NTP to update the files automatically in the background. For some
      reason it won't.

      I've also tried reinstalling NTP into the limited user's "My Documents"
      folder, but the effect is the same -- NTP won't write any changes.

      And I've tried the "Store Settings in Registry" option, but that doesn't
      suit the way I use NTP, which is to have the "same" instance available in
      all user accounts. The Registry individualises each account so that
      settings are not preserved between users.

      In XP, NoteTab seems to work only in the Admin. account. Can it be made
      to work the way it always has done?

      D+