Re: How to move NTP to new computer?

  • Clueless in Seattle
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
      OK! I got NTP up and running on my new machine!

      But none of my personal settings carried over from my old machine.

      Is there a particular file (or set of files) from my old machine that
      I need to find and somehow import into my new installation of NTP?

      And I can't seem to find the way to turn on the WordStar keyboard
      shortcut command set. Eric was kind enough to work with me on
      creating that years ago.

      Will in Seattle
      a.k.a. "Clueless"
    • Stewart Hopper
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
        Search your files for a file called " Setup for notetab pro 491. if you have this file then transfer to new computer, run the file and it will install the program. If you don't have this file or the file for your version then you may be out of luck. Do you have your customer #, if so go to Fookes software website and send a message to customer service - they may be able to help you.
        Good Luck!!

      • loro
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
          Clueless in Seattle wrote:
          >OK! I got NTP up and running on my new machine!
          >
          >But none of my personal settings carried over from my old machine.
          >
          >Is there a particular file (or set of files) from my old machine that
          >I need to find and somehow import into my new installation of NTP?

          notepro.ini or notetab.ini, depending on which version you run. In either
          case it's in Notetab's main folder, alongside the exe.

          >And I can't seem to find the way to turn on the WordStar keyboard
          >shortcut command set. Eric was kind enough to work with me on
          >creating that years ago.

          On the Advanced tab in Options there's a field labeled "keymapping". You
          can choose WordStar there. I suspect there's more to it since Eric helped
          you, but that's a start anyway.

          Lotta
        • Kerry Coates
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
            If you don't have your setup file, then contacting customer service might
            get you the information you need. They might be able to find you with your
            e-mail address or snail mail address or something. Good luck!

            Kerry Coates
            Visit all my websites!
            http://www.GilaMountainDulcimers.com
            http://www.Amazing-Health-Products.com