Re: How to move NTP to new computer?

  • Clueless in Seattle
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Kerry Coates" <kerry@...> wrote:

      > I tried that. It didn't work. If you saved your receipt or original
      > e-mail, you can go to the site and re-download it with your password or
      > customer information.

      Gee, it's been years since I purchased NTP. And I've been through a
      lot of different ISP's and email accounts in the interim (along with a
      lengthy period of homelessness when all my records got hopelessly
      jumbled).

      Do you know what the subject line or email "From:" address might be?

      Maybe I could do a keyword search in some of my old email archives and
      dig it out.

      Will in Seattle
      a.k.a. "Clueless"
    • Clueless in Seattle
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
        OK! I got NTP up and running on my new machine!

        But none of my personal settings carried over from my old machine.

        Is there a particular file (or set of files) from my old machine that
        I need to find and somehow import into my new installation of NTP?

        And I can't seem to find the way to turn on the WordStar keyboard
        shortcut command set. Eric was kind enough to work with me on
        creating that years ago.

        Will in Seattle
        a.k.a. "Clueless"
      • Stewart Hopper
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
          Search your files for a file called " Setup for notetab pro 491. if you have this file then transfer to new computer, run the file and it will install the program. If you don't have this file or the file for your version then you may be out of luck. Do you have your customer #, if so go to Fookes software website and send a message to customer service - they may be able to help you.
          Good Luck!!

        • loro
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
            Clueless in Seattle wrote:
            >OK! I got NTP up and running on my new machine!
            >
            >But none of my personal settings carried over from my old machine.
            >
            >Is there a particular file (or set of files) from my old machine that
            >I need to find and somehow import into my new installation of NTP?

            notepro.ini or notetab.ini, depending on which version you run. In either
            case it's in Notetab's main folder, alongside the exe.

            >And I can't seem to find the way to turn on the WordStar keyboard
            >shortcut command set. Eric was kind enough to work with me on
            >creating that years ago.

            On the Advanced tab in Options there's a field labeled "keymapping". You
            can choose WordStar there. I suspect there's more to it since Eric helped
            you, but that's a start anyway.

            Lotta
          • Kerry Coates
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 2, 2006
              If you don't have your setup file, then contacting customer service might
              get you the information you need. They might be able to find you with your
              e-mail address or snail mail address or something. Good luck!

              Kerry Coates
              Visit all my websites!
              http://www.GilaMountainDulcimers.com
              http://www.Amazing-Health-Products.com