How to move NTP to new computer?

  • Clueless in Seattle
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2006
      An old friend gave me his old computer when he replace it with a new
      one recently.

      So now I'm moving my software and data from my old yard sale Pentium I
      to my "new" Pentium III (a big leap forward for me!).

      Do I remember correctly that Notetab Pro doesn't modify the Windows
      registry?

      If so, may I simply copy my NTP folder from my old computer to my new
      computer and be good to go?

      Will in Seattle
      a.k.a. "Clueless"
    • Praising Jesus
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2006
        Yes and no. NotetabPro, if you downloaded it from the Internet, came as a
        "locked" cab file. When you ran it, it told you to show it a licensed
        version. If it found one, it created an "unlocked" installer called Setup
        for notetab.exe. When you run that program, it will created directories and
        some registry entires. They aren't necessary, but it does happen.

        Secondly, if you have a running copy of NoteTabPro, it is configured by an
        INI file in the Notetab Directory. If you install a new version of
        NoteTabpro 4.95 and then copy your INI file into the directory that was
        created, you should have a copy that works fine.

        ---Mike