Re: [NTB] Search Disc using regular expressions

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2006
      Hi Michelle,

      There are a few problems with the regular expression search
      engine used in NoteTab in both the regular Find and Replace and
      Disk Search features. One you discovered using \n. Hopefully, a
      new RegExp search engine will be added to the next NoteTab
      release. We will not be doing anymore work to the current one.

      >We are having a problem finding instances of a regular expression
      >across the files in a directory.
      >
      >The following expression works fine:
      >
      >{<unitdate calendar="gregorian" era="ce" normal="[a-z0-9./]*"
      >type="inclusive">}{[a-z0-9.\-]*}{</unitdate>}{<!-- was "}{[a-zA-Z0-
      >9,.;:?&'()\-\s]*}{" -->}
      >
      >However, when we add a {\n\s*} to locate instances of the
      >expression containing a new line/any spaces, it no longer works
      >across the directory:
      >
      >{<unitdate calendar="gregorian" era="ce" normal="[a-z0-9./]*"
      >type="inclusive">}{[a-z0-9.\-]*}{</unitdate>}{\n\s*}{<!-- was "}{[a-
      >
      >NoteTab WILL find this expression when we search individual
      >files, but will say no instances are found when we utilize the
      >"Search Disk" option.
      >
      >Any ideas?
      >
      >Thanks!
      >
      >-Michelle Belden