Associating Outline files with Notetab

  • Peacenik
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2006
      Hi:

      How does one associate Notetab's Outline, < *.otl >, files so that one can open such files in Windoze by clicking them?

      I've tried associating the outline files with Notetab Std through Windows Explorer, unfortunately with no success. My procedure was as follows: open Windows Explorer | Tools | Folder Options | File types | New

      I then located the <*.Otl> file, clicked on Browse and navigated to the <Notetab.exe> file to open it.

      The problem was that after "opening" the <notetab.exe> file the file inexplicably failed to appear in the Folders options list. Thus, the file could not get associated with the otl file. There are a number of other files populating that list, including Notepad. Nevertheless, all my text files are associated with Notetab Std.

      Naturally I can open the outline files within Notetab, but I'd like to be able to click on the file and have it launch the Notetab program as is possible with other windows programs.

      Any suggestions for how I can associate this file would be much appreciated.

      Thanks.

      Wndy