Re: [NTB] Outline Headings Pane Missing

  • Hugo Paulissen
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6, 2006
      > Does anyone have a fix for this? I.e., when an outline is returned
      as part of
      > the result of a search using the Ctrl+D file search, the left pane is
      missing
      > where the headings are usually displayed.
      >
      > Is this a bug in NoteTab Pro, or is it a "feature"?

      Hi Ray,

      If I do CTRL+D I cannot open an outline in the regular way. I never use
      otl's, even the simple ones supplied with NoteTab can not be opened as
      an outline file.
      I do not know if it is a bug or a feature. A possible fix would be to
      open the Favorites menu. I'm not sure if it is there by default or that
      I assigned a new Search Disk favorite, but I have a "Search Disk" item
      in my favorites list. The result of the CTRL+D (search disk-operation)
      is available there and you can pick the outline file you need from this
      list. NoteTab then recognizes the .otl extension.

      Hugo
    • R Shapp
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 7, 2006
        Hi Lotta,

        <<I don't know *why* this happens, but all you have to do is to reload the
        document (Edit -> Reload).>>

        Great answer! Problem solved.

        Thank you.

        Ray Shapp