Re: [NTB] Outline Headings Pane Missing

  • R Shapp
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4 11:42 PM
      Hi Dave M,

      Thanks for the reply.

      <<it opened as a text file but with an otl extension>>

      When an OTL file opens as a straight text file, the first line looks like the
      following:

      = V4 Outline MultiLine TabWidth=30

      and each heading begins with "H="

      and the entire file is visible. In the error case I described, the first line
      is not visible, the "H=" is not visible and the text of only the first
      heading is visible.

      My outline contains over a hundred headings, but I see only the first one.

      Does anyone have a fix for this? I.e., when an outline is returned as part of
      the result of a search using the Ctrl+D file search, the left pane is missing
      where the headings are usually displayed.

      Is this a bug in NoteTab Pro, or is it a "feature"?

      Ray Shapp
    • dave
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5 12:29 AM
        Hi
        I think I was wrong before looked for something in the middle of otl you are
        correct only the first topic contents appears ,the search engine may not
        understand otls and just tells you the whole file name .
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        > <<it opened as a text file but with an otl extension>>
        >
        > When an OTL file opens as a straight text file, the first line looks like
        > the
        > following:
        >
        > = V4 Outline MultiLine TabWidth=30
        >
        > and each heading begins with "H="
        >
        > and the entire file is visible. In the error case I described, the first
        > line
        > is not visible, the "H=" is not visible and the text of only the first
        > heading is visible.
        >
        > My outline contains over a hundred headings, but I see only the first one.
        >
        > Does anyone have a fix for this? I.e., when an outline is returned as
        > part of
        > the result of a search using the Ctrl+D file search, the left pane is
        > missing
        > where the headings are usually displayed.
        >
        > Is this a bug in NoteTab Pro, or is it a "feature"?
        >
        > Ray Shapp

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Hugo Paulissen
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 6 1:01 AM
          > Does anyone have a fix for this? I.e., when an outline is returned
          as part of
          > the result of a search using the Ctrl+D file search, the left pane is
          missing
          > where the headings are usually displayed.
          >
          > Is this a bug in NoteTab Pro, or is it a "feature"?

          Hi Ray,

          If I do CTRL+D I cannot open an outline in the regular way. I never use
          otl's, even the simple ones supplied with NoteTab can not be opened as
          an outline file.
          I do not know if it is a bug or a feature. A possible fix would be to
          open the Favorites menu. I'm not sure if it is there by default or that
          I assigned a new Search Disk favorite, but I have a "Search Disk" item
          in my favorites list. The result of the CTRL+D (search disk-operation)
          is available there and you can pick the outline file you need from this
          list. NoteTab then recognizes the .otl extension.

          Hugo
        • R Shapp
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 7 3:00 AM
            Hi Lotta,

            <<I don't know *why* this happens, but all you have to do is to reload the
            document (Edit -> Reload).>>

            Great answer! Problem solved.

            Thank you.

            Ray Shapp