Re: [NTB] Outline Headings Pane Missing

  • dave
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4, 2006
      Hi
      I have just tried this and you are write when I search far something in otl
      clicked open ,it opened as a text file but with an otl extension, Which is
      probably write your opening it internally .
      THANKYOU DAVE M

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 4, 2006
        Hi Dave M,

        Thanks for the reply.

        <<it opened as a text file but with an otl extension>>

        When an OTL file opens as a straight text file, the first line looks like the
        following:

        = V4 Outline MultiLine TabWidth=30

        and each heading begins with "H="

        and the entire file is visible. In the error case I described, the first line
        is not visible, the "H=" is not visible and the text of only the first
        heading is visible.

        My outline contains over a hundred headings, but I see only the first one.

        Does anyone have a fix for this? I.e., when an outline is returned as part of
        the result of a search using the Ctrl+D file search, the left pane is missing
        where the headings are usually displayed.

        Is this a bug in NoteTab Pro, or is it a "feature"?

        Ray Shapp
      • dave
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5, 2006
          Hi
          I think I was wrong before looked for something in the middle of otl you are
          correct only the first topic contents appears ,the search engine may not
          understand otls and just tells you the whole file name .
          THANKYOU DAVE M

          > <<it opened as a text file but with an otl extension>>
          >
          > When an OTL file opens as a straight text file, the first line looks like
          > the
          > following:
          >
          > = V4 Outline MultiLine TabWidth=30
          >
          > and each heading begins with "H="
          >
          > and the entire file is visible. In the error case I described, the first
          > line
          > is not visible, the "H=" is not visible and the text of only the first
          > heading is visible.
          >
          > My outline contains over a hundred headings, but I see only the first one.
          >
          > Does anyone have a fix for this? I.e., when an outline is returned as
          > part of
          > the result of a search using the Ctrl+D file search, the left pane is
          > missing
          > where the headings are usually displayed.
          >
          > Is this a bug in NoteTab Pro, or is it a "feature"?
          >
          > Ray Shapp

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Hugo Paulissen
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 6, 2006
            > Does anyone have a fix for this? I.e., when an outline is returned
            as part of
            > the result of a search using the Ctrl+D file search, the left pane is
            missing
            > where the headings are usually displayed.
            >
            > Is this a bug in NoteTab Pro, or is it a "feature"?

            Hi Ray,

            If I do CTRL+D I cannot open an outline in the regular way. I never use
            otl's, even the simple ones supplied with NoteTab can not be opened as
            an outline file.
            I do not know if it is a bug or a feature. A possible fix would be to
            open the Favorites menu. I'm not sure if it is there by default or that
            I assigned a new Search Disk favorite, but I have a "Search Disk" item
            in my favorites list. The result of the CTRL+D (search disk-operation)
            is available there and you can pick the outline file you need from this
            list. NoteTab then recognizes the .otl extension.

            Hugo
          • R Shapp
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 7, 2006
              Hi Lotta,

              <<I don't know *why* this happens, but all you have to do is to reload the
              document (Edit -> Reload).>>

              Great answer! Problem solved.

              Thank you.

              Ray Shapp