Re: [NTB] Wildcard search, how?

  • Alec Burgess(g)
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2006
      Hi littlegoblin:

      Look up regular expressions in the help.
      for your particular example you would tick the regular expression box in the
      replace dialog and then do something like
      FIND=this and that file-{\d+[a-z]}
      REPLACE=this and that file-000

      The above assumes that the part you want to replace by 000 is always 1 or
      more digits followed by a lower case letter.

      At first the regexp syntax looks horribly complicated but if you spent a
      little time playing with it and trying various things you'll see that it
      really isn't difficult at all :-)

      Regards ... Alec
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 27, 2006
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Alec Burgess\(g\)" <buralex@...> wrote:

        > Hi littlegoblin:
        >
        > Look up regular expressions in the help.
        > for your particular example you would tick the regular expression
        box in the
        > replace dialog and then do something like
        > FIND=this and that file-{\d+[a-z]}
        > REPLACE=this and that file-000
        >
        > The above assumes that the part you want to replace by 000 is always
        1 or
        > more digits followed by a lower case letter.
        >
        > At first the regexp syntax looks horribly complicated but if you spent a
        > little time playing with it and trying various things you'll see that it
        > really isn't difficult at all :-)
        >
        > Regards ... Alec
        > --

        Hi Alec,

        Thanks for the quick reply, sri I've not got back to you sooner, tried
        the "\d+" expression which worked well for me, must check the help
        files more hi hi :-)

        Once again many thanks ......

        ---
        Eric .......