Re: [NTB] Thanks for all the Suppor and Knowledge

  • lm_hamilton
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 2, 2006
      > Is it run faultless on Linux? Are you certain? I do not know, I just
      > ask :-)
      > Because I did have a bad experience with another fine windows program
      > (WinSCP) with a build-in editor for small corrections on webpages.
      > When I did make a minor correction (just one word), there was a program
      > crash and the file was zero bytes long.
      > --
      > adrien

      Adrien,

      It is not faultless on wine, but with each new version of wine, it
      gets better. I just updated to Wine 0.9.2 on Fedora Core 3, and it
      runs a little better than with 0.9. Wine is up to version 0.9.4, but
      does not yet have an installer for my version of Linux, and I do not
      have time to compile it from scratch right now.

      There are some features and clip commands that do not run, but text
      editing and outlines and most of my most used clips work without
      modification. It will copy and past to and from the Linux clipboard,
      but the pasteboard feature only works from one tab to another in NoteTab.

      I put together a FAQ on running NoteTab on Linux with Wine.
      http://www.kairoscomputers.com/notetab/NoteTabLinuxAnalysis.php

      My last update to that page was for Wine 0.9 and NoteTab Pro 4.95. I
      have also gotten all the other Fookes software to run and they work
      well with Wine.

      I do not check this list often since it has so much activity, but I do
      follow all the other NoteTab lists. This topic is best on the NoteTab
      Off Topic List.

      HTH,

      Larry Hamilton