Re: [NTB] Re: Thanks for all the Suppor and Knowledge

  • sisterscape
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 31, 2006
      Great to hear that there is now a FREE VMware option. Last I checked,
      maybe a month ago, only the $150 version was offered! Has anyone on
      this list used VMware? Maybe we could start a discussion on the OT
      list? I have lots of questions . . .

      sisterscape

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2006
        Hi sisterscape and Others reading this thread,

        >Great to hear that there is now a FREE VMware option. Last I
        >checked, maybe a month ago, only the $150 version was offered!
        >Has anyone on this list used VMware? Maybe we could start a
        >discussion on the OT list? I have lots of questions . . .

        Yes, please take over to the Off-Topic list at this point. Thanks
        for mentioning sisterscape! http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm or
        bottom of every [NTB] message. :)

        Happy Topics,
        Jody

        The NoteTab Off-Topic List

        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
      • Stefan Elssner
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2006
          Hi Casper,

          besides getting NoteTab runnig on Linux, (which is possible for all I
          know), becoming familiar, if not even friends (as time goes... ;) with
          the Vim is not the baddest thing at all. I would say.

          http://www.vim.org may help a little during the learning time, esp.
          the tips section.

          maybe most important:
          Tip #305: Best of VIM Tips (VIM's best Features)
          (http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=305)

          I have learned a lot from that "best of" tips collection, even after
          using vi/vim for some years before. It's short and comprehensive, but
          when you really can't make anything out of some of it just try to
          enter ":help <what you dont know>" into your vim (when in command
          mode, sure) and see ...

          or type ":help " and the first chars of a term, then hit <TAB> as
          often as you like - vim will scroll you through all the possible
          matches in it's help..

          May you getting NoteTab run on your Linux, and may you have fun with
          Vim nevertheless... :)

          Stefan

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Casper Labuschagne" <casperl@...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > It is with not a little sadness that I am saying goodbye to NoteTab
          Pro
          > and to this group.
          > I have moved my office and development environments entirely to Ubuntu
          > Linux (DIE WINDOWS!) and the one thing above all that I will miss ex
          > Windows is my trusty sidekick and tireless workhorse, NoteTab Pro.
          >
          > The intricacies of VIM now feature in my life, IMHO a powerfull
          editor but
          > just not the trusty friend and magnificent tool that NoteTab Pro has
          been
          > since 1998!
          >
          > And thanks to this group for the sterling support and countless tips
          over
          > many, many years!
          >
          > Kind regards
          >
          > Casper Labuschagne
          >
          > --

        • lm_hamilton
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 2, 2006
            > Is it run faultless on Linux? Are you certain? I do not know, I just
            > ask :-)
            > Because I did have a bad experience with another fine windows program
            > (WinSCP) with a build-in editor for small corrections on webpages.
            > When I did make a minor correction (just one word), there was a program
            > crash and the file was zero bytes long.
            > --
            > adrien

            Adrien,

            It is not faultless on wine, but with each new version of wine, it
            gets better. I just updated to Wine 0.9.2 on Fedora Core 3, and it
            runs a little better than with 0.9. Wine is up to version 0.9.4, but
            does not yet have an installer for my version of Linux, and I do not
            have time to compile it from scratch right now.

            There are some features and clip commands that do not run, but text
            editing and outlines and most of my most used clips work without
            modification. It will copy and past to and from the Linux clipboard,
            but the pasteboard feature only works from one tab to another in NoteTab.

            I put together a FAQ on running NoteTab on Linux with Wine.
            http://www.kairoscomputers.com/notetab/NoteTabLinuxAnalysis.php

            My last update to that page was for Wine 0.9 and NoteTab Pro 4.95. I
            have also gotten all the other Fookes software to run and they work
            well with Wine.

            I do not check this list often since it has so much activity, but I do
            follow all the other NoteTab lists. This topic is best on the NoteTab
            Off Topic List.

            HTH,

            Larry Hamilton