Re: [NTB] Need to alphabetize a list. Function for that?

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 30, 2006
      Hi Don and F.M.,

      Thanks for the mention Don. :) ...

      >>>Note Tab will also remove duplicates in the alphabetized list.
      >>>
      >>>To set this "rule"
      >>>
      >Jody's noteblock library has some good sorting stuff in there
      >too, you might check those out for some additional power.

      You might try my NoteSort as well. It can remove dups, trips,
      etc. and sort. http://www.notetab.net/zip/notesort.zip It's
      actually a pretty neat Library IMO. The Shorties Clips for
      instance, takes titles and makes all the insignificant words in
      lowercase. There's one to do <title>tags</title> the same way. ;)
      Sorts in like a card catalog fashion where like titles stating
      with insignificant words like (a, an, the, etc, are ignored for
      sorting. I did it for a Librarian and he said it saved him
      thousands of hours of work. There's some other stuff too that you
      don't find in everyday Clips and some are there to help aid
      people in getting word counts, learning a bit about functions,
      etc.

      Here's the headers/Clip names:

      NoteSort Information Happy NoteTabbin'! http://www.notetab.net .
      Quick Links...

      Append Files...
      Sort Paragraphs...
      Count Paragraphs...
      Insert - Edit
      Sort *.fvr by Filenames
      Sort Links >abc</a> !!! Select text/links first !!!

      Delete ^p^p Paragraph
      About Word Extract
      Word Extract-Sort...

      Format Titles http://www.notetab.net ~
      Setup Shorties...
      Do <title>
      Do Between Specified
      Capitalize
      Add Shortie...
      Remove Shortie...

      Catalog Format
      Test Text
      Do Titles
      ReOrder Catalog
      Sort Paragraphs:
      Angelo's Special
      Setup II
      Test Text II
      Do Punctuation

      Quick Sorts Happy NoteTabbin'! http://www.notetab.net
      Sort Selection... Manually select the text to be sorted first.
      Ascend, Save-Dups Select text first: sorts ascending, case sensitive, does not remove duplicates.
      Sort Descending Select text first: sorts descending, case sensitive, does not remove duplicates.
      Ascend, Rem-Dups Select text first: sorts ascending, case sensitive, removes duplicates.
      Sort Sorts selection. If nothing is selected sorts full document.
      Descend, Rem-Dups Select text first: sorts descending, case sensitive, removes duplicates.
      Transpose/Sort Names

      Text Formatter Happy NoteTabbin'! http://www.notetab.net .
      Format Text... A quick way to format text. Does the same as the Toolbar format.
      Split Text... Splits the text at a specified column width - more options...
      Fix Lines Whole document: text is converted to Dos/Windows format
      Lower Case Selection is converted to lower case.
      Upper Case Selection is converted to upper case.
      Rem-Double Blanks Removes double blanks and leaves all single in whole document.
      Trim Selection Removes all blank spaces on each side of selection.
      Formatter...

      File Stuff Happy NoteTabbin'! http://www.notetab.net .
      Append To File Appends the specified text to the end of a disk file
      TextToFile Creates a disk file containing the specified text.
      AppendToDesktop... Dialog comes up, appends selection or whole doc to file on desktop.
      CopyToDeskTop Copies the open file to desktop using document name as the shortcut name.
      SelectionToDeskTop... Makes a file of selected text on the desktop.
      Copy to Floppy

      WinZip Stuff
      WinZip Multi-Files...
      WinZip-Extract...

      Information Clips Happy NoteTabbin'! http://www.notetab.net .
      Count Occurrences... Count the number of occurrences words and phrases are found.
      GetDate Returns current date/time formatted according to the date mask [Date and Time filters].
      GetDocCount Returns the number of open documents in editor.
      GetFileSpecs Returns the file specification for the focused file.
      GetLineSize
      GetLineCount Returns total number of lines in the current document.
      GetParaCount Returns total number of paragraphs in the current document.
      GetPasteboardDivider Returns the value of the Paste Board divider.
      GetRow-Col Returns Row:Column index of cursor in current document.
      GetSelSize Returns size of selection in current document.
      GetTextLineCount Similar to ^$GetParaCount$ but ignores the blank line at the end of the text - if any.
      GetTextSize Returns the text size in the current document.

      About This Library Get more Libraries at: http://www.notetab.net
      NoteTab MailLists Get more Libraries at: http://www.notetab.net